If you could only have 1 rimfire rifle

I've been eying up that cz 457, ever since they put a "normal" push to fire safety. Wish they had a stainless synthetic version like the 455.

SwiftShot

WKR
Right on the money. CZ 452 if you are going 22LR. If you are looking for a little more a 22 Hornet is a great option if you reload. That stretchs out that range better. It just means you need to reload it but you can get a lot of sgots out of 22 H brass. That being said the CZ 452 is just amazing.

iShoot17

FNG
I’m a CZ 452 fanboy, owning multiple platforms in multiple calibers. A CZ452 chambered in 17HM2 has long been my favorite combo as I’ve commented here before.

Over the past year though, I found the Steyr Zephyr IIs and have to say they are quickly competing with the 452s as my favorite rimfires. Their fit, finish, and function are incredible. They are balanced and shoot extremely well. Plus, Steyr has a mannlicher stock option. I’m a huge fan of the mannlicher stocks and the Zephyr II fits perfectly in one.

I’m a CZ 452 fanboy, owning multiple platforms in multiple calibers. A CZ452 chambered in 17HM2 has long been my favorite combo as I’ve commented here before.

Over the past year though, I found the Steyr Zephyr IIs and have to say they are quickly competing with the 452s as my favorite rimfires. Their fit, finish, and function are incredible. They are balanced and shoot extremely well. Plus, Steyr has a mannlicher stock option. I’m a huge fan of the mannlicher stocks and the Zephyr II fits perfectly in one.
I picked up a kimber sporter barrel 22 several years ago it’s become my favorite rifle just fits me and shoots better than I can

Oh, this is an easy answer....
Rifle: Vudoo 22 LR
Ammo: Lapua Center-X
Stock: Manners EH1 (same as hunting rifles)
Trigger: TriggerTech Primary (same as hunting rifles)
Optic: NightForce 4-16x50 ATACR (hunting rifles)

A rimfire rifle that is practically identical to my hunting rifles. They’re all setup the same.....

Use the rimfire scaling tool (excel spreadsheet) that allows you to input the drop/drift of your 22LR and your hunting rifle....which then gives you the scaled distances that can be used for practicing shots from field positions. For example; you want to shoot the equivalent of 600 yards at an 8” target with your hunting rifle. So, you run the scaling tool and see that you need to be shooting at 150 yards at a 2” target with your 22LR. Now go out and shoot from various positions - prone, from your pack, off a tripod (sitting, kneeling and standing), from tree branches, rocks etc. Shoot from any positions that you could see yourself using while hunting. Also, shoot in the WIND.

If we’re talking one rimfire rifle, this’d be it....a hunting rifle trainer. Also, while your at it, combine it with a hunting centerfire trainer. Again same stock, trigger and scope, in a mild recoiling rifle with longish barrel life. Then hunt with a shoulder cannon (same stock, trigger and scope).

From my perspective, if the goal is to be a precision rifleman who is a lethal and competent hunter, you’re not going to get there by shooting 20-30 rounds a year. You gotta train. A rimfire trainer combined with a centerfire trainer is a step in the right direction.
This may be a dumb question but where can I find that spreadsheet? Sounds very useful!!

SwiftShot

WKR

My ruger 10/22 has a mannlicher stock. Looks so nice. Just a beautiful gun.

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
I have a selection of rimfires to choose from but my one and done is a CZ 455 American, it wears a .17HMR barrel most of the time but I do have a .22lr barrel and am on the lookout for a .22WMR barrel.

It's light, accurate, feels good and is very pretty.

If I could have only one it would be the Kimber 82 Super America. If I could add a second it would me the model 54 Sporter Anschutz if I could add a third it would be the Winchester 52 sporter. The fourth would be a TIKKA T1X in .22lr.. I have all four and bought them in that sequence for several reasons... All four will shoot lights out.. I have shot .22lr competetivly and absolutely love a super accurate .22LR bolt rifle... I've had so many good to great 22s that I've lost count.. Most accurate was an Anschutz 1413 and an older 52 Winchester heavy barrel.. Both these rifles would shoot .2 at 50 yards all day long with Eley black label..

I'm debating on whether to sell my Vudoo but for hunting I absolutely love my Tikka T1X with a TBAC 22 Takedown on it.

Only one rimfire.... Hands down the Ruger 10/22. So many after market options. I have more than one and they shoot lights out.

Mine is a Ruger 10/22 with an 18” threaded barrel for my suppressor. I have a NF 1-4x24 on top, Spartan Javelin bipod adapter as well. Good little rig.