Ignore feature?

WKR

WKR
Thank you! First time ever on this site I’ve felt the need. But it’s become obvious one particular member trolls my posts only to throw dirt.
Who is it?! Call em out!
No im kidding haha

rclouse79

WKR
I guess I am pretty tolerant. I have only ignored one person since I joined a few years ago. I noticed they were compelled to throw their two cents in on every popular topic multiple times in a way that made it apparent they were looking to pick a keyboard fight. I guess they finally got the message or the boot, because I see they are no longer on the forum.

AKDoc

WKR
Similar to many of you, I never used the ignore option all these years until last year, and for the same reasons already noted.
My learning opportunity guy also appears to be gone. Maybe the ignore function also helps get rid of people? 🤣

BTW, my ignore count is now up to 3 🤣

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I don’t really care, but I am somewhat curious how this feature actually works.

Do people you ignore know you are ignoring them?

Can you still view the posts they make, they just can’t post on your thread?

Or can they still post on your threads after you’ve ignored them for everyone else still to see, you just can’t see them?

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
This is what it looks like when you ignore someone. I covered the name because of obvious reasons (its not Broz), although it would be funny to know how many people have him blocked. The dude is DENSE. Only one I have blocked on here.

Screenshot_20230721_105745_Chrome.jpg

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t really care, but I am somewhat curious how this feature actually works.

Do people you ignore know you are ignoring them?

Can you still view the posts they make, they just can’t post on your thread?

Or can they still post on your threads after you’ve ignored them for everyone else still to see, you just can’t see them?
I temporarily ignored you. This thread started off with someone else’s comment and yours only appeared in a quote as a message saying that it’s ignored content.

Once I backed out of the thread it was completely invisible in the sub forum list.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I temporarily ignored you. This thread started off with someone else’s comment and yours only appeared in a quote as a message saying that it’s ignored content.

Once I backed out of the thread it was completely invisible in the sub forum list.
Interesting. And I never got any notice I was being ignored so I guess that answers that.

Swamp Fox

WKR
Know what's fun?

Let someone think you have them on Ignore ... Play it out for a while ... Then blast them when they vomit up something egregious, thinking you're not in the room ... LOL

I know... I know ... I'll see myself out ... : )

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
This is what it looks like when you ignore someone. I covered the name because of obvious reasons (its not Broz), although it would be funny to know how many people have him blocked. The dude is DENSE. Only one I have blocked on here.

View attachment 578523
Wonder if I'm the only one that was bored enough to do the 3 min of googling necessary to find out who that was.

I don't have anyone ignored though there are a few handles I scroll past when I see them without much reading, so that's basically the same thing.