Inflatable kayak or raft

Wolverine

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for any recommendations on an inflatable kayak or raft for fishing and light paddle exploring. It's use would be on smaller bodies of water when I am traveling cross country. I would say almost exclusively lakes with a small chance of use to cross small SLOW moving river/creek to get to the other side.

Absolutely not looking to run any fast moving water and also not doing any expedition type outings with it. Just some simple fishing and casual paddling around.

I could see inflating and deflating numerous times as I move around and am looking for something that has some real world durability. Definitely looking to go the inflatable route as I will be storing it inside a truck camper as I move about and have zero interest in strapping a hard side kayak on top while traveling cross country.

This would also be for just one person but I am not apposed to getting a 2 person if it's for better tracking or a better ride.

ODB

WKR
My wife has an advanced elements. It has been a good kayak for her. Simple to inflate, stores easy, and tracks well in the water.

Pro tip: investigate a small hand pump for inflating after you are in the water. The kayak will lose volume when you put it in cold water. You can inflate it and just let it sit in the water a little then add more air, but we’ve found that even doing that you still need a small pump after being in the cold water a while. They are very low psi so it’s simple to add a skosh.

westslopelaker

Lil-Rokslider
I have both an inflatable kayak and raft. Even though they are inflatable, they still take a lot of space and can be heavy. For what you described, I think a hard sided kayak would be best, especially if using mostly on lakes. It'll paddle faster and straighter. Most inflatable kayaks and rafts have self bailing floors, which means you'd be sitting in water. A hard sided kayak would be dry. A canoe might even be a good choice. Usually I think of inflatables as being beneficial for moving water and rapids.

If you do go the inflatable kayak route check out RMR, Aire, NRS or STAR.

For the type of a stuff you're talking about boatstogo has a bunch of Chinese rafts, kayaks, and kaboats,. Also check out the Sea Eagle Razorlite 393 RL, its drop stitched and kind of a different design. I've got a line on a lightly used one I might snag just to try out.
We've got hard sided kayaks and I just haven't found a way I really like to haul them around 1000 miles at a time. We picked up an inflatable stand up paddle board for our last trip and it worked out great, I'm thinking this sea eagle could round out the fleet for summer road trips.

Mt Al

WKR
2nd vote for boatstogo. I have the 15XL and frankly it's too big and heavy to be hauling in and out of a truck often - been there, done that and put a trailer together for it. Check out their 12' kaboat options or their fishing rafts. I think those would be much easier to pack/unpack. I'm very happy with the quality, durability and cost with the 15xl. I made a rowing frame for mine, chainlink fence top posts with kee fittings Ts and Ls. Works great.

A few other options: pristineventures cork or PR49. I don't own one but have heard nothing but excellent things about them.

Might take a look at packrafts from Alpacka as well. Forager or two person for lakes, fishing, etc.. I built a 2 person diypackraft.com and I wouldn't want anything smaller for general lake fishing, etc..

You can search this forum for all these options. The search is half the fun!

AKDoc

WKR
Good suggestions from others already. Given your stated intended purposes, I second the suggestions for an inflatable raft...

Look closely at the PR-49 from Pristine Ventures or an Alpacka model that would fit your needs. I have a PR-49HD and a Kork. I have used them both pretty extensively...just shipped my Kork and gear out to western Alaska yesterday for a 10-day float starting on the 13th.

Given your stated purposes, the PR-49 sounds like a good match...it holds two people just fine, pumps quickly, weighs around 15lbs, and comes with it's own carry bag. Add the inflatable floor if you go with it.

Best to you!

I have an Outcast Odyssey. It's an older model, very similar to the Outcast OSG Commander:

Commander.png

Mine doesn't have oars, just kick with fins. I most float rivers with it but have done stillwater.

Pros: light, simple, durable
Cons: in the water, low, slow