Insoles in Hoffman Pacs

Does anyone run an insole inside their pac boots? I have the thinsulate liner and they are bit big for my foot. I figured I could add a thin insole to take up some room and help in hiking situations. Are you putting the insole under the liner or inside of it?

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the same boat, the 200g liners in my Guides leaves a little extra space, so I'm going to try a thin insole inside the liner. I don't think that there's a wide enough insole available to use beneath the liner (the boot lowers are "cavernous," and I've found in other boots that using an insole beneath a liner amplifies the contour of the insoles in an uncomfortable way, resulting in sore arches.

Dented

WKR
I've used these when I didn't need arch support.

They add another layer of warmth, but no support.

ID_Matt

WKR
I had the same issue. I bought the small contoured insole from hoffman and put it inside the insole. Worked great to take up some room.

Lawnboi

WKR
I have used additional felt insoles to eat up room in pacs. I don’t know who makes them but you can buy all t of different thicknesses. I put them under the liner

OP
B
P
I'm in the same boat, the 200g liners in my Guides leaves a little extra space, so I'm going to try a thin insole inside the liner. I don't think that there's a wide enough insole available to use beneath the liner (the boot lowers are "cavernous," and I've found in other boots that using an insole beneath a liner amplifies the contour of the insoles in an uncomfortable way, resulting in sore arches.
thanks , I put a thin Greenfeet insole inside the liner yesterday and took a short hike. It takes up some room and gave my foot some support. Works fantastic!!

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Adding a lightweight insole inside the liner works great. I actually do this with my pacs. When it gets really cold out, I pull the insole out and double up my sock for extra warmth.

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the hoffman wool inserts to take up warmth and add an extra layer to fight conduction in those long static situations they also come out easy for drying.