Iron Will Outfitters broadheads

bwlacy

WKR
I ordered 4 of the 125 vented heads on Saturday. Hoping they ship this week. I think they are supposed to on Thursday. Can't wait to play with them and get everything tuned in for September. Really hoping to run one thru an Elk for the ultimate test!

125 vents are what I ordered as well:) can't wait to get these on and bring an elk down this year hopefully

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Moneyball

WKR
I can honestly say that the price tag is what stopped me from buying these heads. Then I won some in the 2018 cold bow challenge. I WILL be buying more. I’ve shot them out to 100. They are accurate, consistent, durable, and very sharp. I have mailed one of the heads back and forth to a few of my buddies for them to try as well. That head has been beat up and it’s still spinning true. They too will very likely be purchasing. I have yet to put one through (I am planning on through) an animal. I am expecting great things. Another thanks to IW for putting their heads up for grabs in the challenge so I could even have the chance to win them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks Bill! Ordered up a set of 6 over the weekend - super stoked to get them! Whats the lead time approx these days?

Most heads are shipping within 1-2 days from ordering. The v125 is about a week behind right now, but we should be caught up with these orders early next week.

Had some minor issues with blade to blade contact in the target and emailed Bill at IWO and he responded super quick and has me hooked up. Also got me linked up to some good vids and will be exploring some options here.

Great C/Service and helped make the initial cost of these premium blades even more worth it.
Thx Iron Will...…..

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My brother shot that arrow last year (without the half out) with 3 Blazer vanes at 3 degree helical and thinks it’s the most accurate setup he’s ever shot. I’ve had good results with Blazers, heat vanes, and max stealth vanes with 2-3 degree helical in 3 & 4 fletch with Iron Will broadheads.

bwlacy

WKR
I got 4 of the 125 vented heads today in the mail. They shoot great out to 70 yards. They fly with my current tune and shoot the same as my Thunderhead 125's, maybe a little more forgiving. They are a tiny bit louder than the Thunderheads. They look very well built and are probably without a doubt stronger and more sturdy than the Thunderheads. The only thing that I wasn't super impressed with was the sharpness out of the box. I'll probably have to touch them up on a stone before hunting with them out of the box.

Jay03

WKR
I have 6 of the v100's on the way to try out this season. I figure if I want 125's down the road I can buy the solid blades. I am hitting just under pie plate size groups at 100 yards now with my Impulse 34, will be interested to see how these hang at that distance. My max hunting distance is 60, but I shoot out to 80 and 100 for practice.

PNW22

FNG
Just built some 4mm fmj’s with Easton titanium half outs, waiting on my 100g IW. Ready to sleep me a big bull!!!

Literally my same setup. 500g moving at 302FPS. Really interested to see how these fly with that arrow setup. So much knockdown power, with an indestructible BH. Sounds too good to be true, but the testimonies seem legit. Have you shot them yet? whats your bow setup? my main concern is noise, and I wish they made the solid in 100g.

Literally my same setup. 500g moving at 302FPS. Really interested to see how these fly with that arrow setup. So much knockdown power, with an indestructible BH. Sounds too good to be true, but the testimonies seem legit. Have you shot them yet? whats your bow setup? my main concern is noise, and I wish they made the solid in 100g.
Sheeesh... You shooting an 80 lb bow with like a 31" draw? Thats impressive.

paxamus

WKR
I just ordered 6 of the 100g with the carrying case- I can’t wait to get them!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PNW22

FNG
Sheeesh... You shooting an 80 lb bow with like a 31" draw? Thats impressive.

No, shooting the Bowtech RPM with 29.5" draw at 70# Its one hell of a bow. Its hard not to be dazzled by all the new fancy bows being made these days, but this thing is so fun to shoot and its a straight powerhouse, with a comfortable and reliable draw cycle. I am a little concerned how the noise will be with that much speed though on these IW's. I remember one time shooting g5's and it sounded like a damn piccolo Pete. I shoot viper tricks now and have had great success with them, but want something with a little more lethal impact. The slicks do great with COC and pass throughs, but moving quick they are almost like hypodermic needles. Double lung/livered a buck last year, and it didn't expire for 15 hrs. I thought I made a bad shot... found him the next morning bedded taking his last breaths and opened him up to collapsed lungs and a non existent liver.

Just got my 125 vents in yesterday - very high quality broadheads - very impressed!

Initial impressions - highest quality head I have used for sure - they are flying pretty much identical to FPs out to 60 (as far as I shoot in my yard)... I will keep playing with them over the next month as I prep for sept, but I am not thinking I will have to adjust my tune.

Out of the box they are hair shaving sharp - I am a knife nut, and this is a huge pet peeve for me - I shouldn't need to sharpen a head once I get it. They are easy to strop as well - so after 10-20 shots into an 18 in 1, about 2 mins on a strop and the are hair popping sharp again - very nice.

Durability seems good - have not missed a target (knock on wood lol) but edge retention has been very good so far - incidentally A2 is one of my favorite knife steels so stropping etc feels "familiar" with this steel.

They are very accurate, however, like any broadhead, they will point out issues with form, release etc - this is to be expected.

As any broadhead, they are more then doubly impacted by crosswind (compared to a FP) I imagine the vents help tho... in 10-15mph getting maybe 6" of drift at 60 yards.

The are a little loud - not quite as loud as a montec - not a deal-breaker, but it's there - I can't conclusively say it because I don't have solids, but if the vents cut down on drift by 25-50% I say the extra noise is worth it.

All in all superb heads and I very much like them!

PNW22

FNG
The are a little loud - not quite as loud as a montec - not a deal-breaker, but it's there - I can't conclusively say it because I don't have solids, but if the vents cut down on drift by 25-50% I say the extra noise is worth it.

All in all superb heads and I very much like them!
yikes. If they are anything like Montec's they belong in the trash. Those things whistle and drag like no other