Iron Will Single Bevel - reviews?

TheViking

WKR
We’ve had a full season with the IW Single Bevel out, I’d love to hear some honest feedback.

I’d like to hear people’s experience with it and any comparison to other heads.

I killed a buck and a bear this year with the SB125. The buck was a complete pass through the entire cavity from 31 yds. Head still looked great, finished him off with the same arrow with a second shot. The bear was a 21 yd lung/heart shot and dead within 15 seconds probably. I ordered 6 more during the free shipping sale. I don't plan on using any other head for awhile.

I shot an elk with a snyder core single bevel . Total weight up front 175 gr. 500 total . 70 # bow . Shot my elk at 25 yards , HARD quartering away shot , hit behind last rib , broke ribs , went all the way thru, came out juggular , Hit lungs in between . Buried the arrow in the hard ground up to its nock . IT drilled a hole from one end of the elk to the other . Massive blood . Small entrance hole , about and inch an a half. And a 3 inch ole out opened him up like a zipper . Still sharp as shit !!! Expensive YES . But I have elk meat in the freezer for 40.00 broadhead . Good to go .

I shot an elk with a snyder core single bevel . Total weight up front 175 gr. 500 total . 70 # bow . Shot my elk at 25 yards , HARD quartering away shot , hit behind last rib , broke ribs , went all the way thru, came out juggular , Hit lungs in between . Buried the arrow in the hard ground up to its nock . IT drilled a hole from one end of the elk to the other . Massive blood . Small entrance hole , about and inch an a half. And a 3 inch ole out opened him up like a zipper . Still sharp as shit !!! Expensive YES . But I have elk meat in the freezer for 40.00 broadhead . Good to go .

You noticed more damage due to the rotation?

Shot a buck this fall with the SB125, slight quarter away with a complete pass through and buried deep in the dirt. Wasn’t a massive blood trail but it was what I would consider a normal archery blood trail. Deer fell over dead inside of 40 yards. Still shaving sharp after pulling out of dirt. Could easily put it back in quiver and hunt with it again.

You noticed more damage due to the rotation?
I think so . Im know expert . But when you have a broadhead rotating as its passing thru vs just a straight cut pass thru. It makes sense. I notice on all single bevels when you shoot thru a foam broadhead target. Idk. Just my 2 cents .

I bought into the single bevel hype bought 3. Actually shot my elk with one this year. I didnt take many pictures. I had a perfect 40 yard broadside shot, full pass though just missed the heart. I noticed a decent sized exit hole, good blood. A bigger exit hole than ive seen out of single bevels.

I shot my elk last year with the Iron Will double bevel with bleeders. I think the single bevel without bleeders is better.

Back