Is Rokslide a Cult? Is Fishnet Form the RokLeader?

Who is The Cult’s Supreme Leader

• Fishnet Form

Votes: 68 43.6%
  • Billy Goat, King of the Memes

Votes: 42 26.9%
  • “Big Buck” Bobby Denning

Votes: 37 23.7%
  • “Lyin Bryan” A-Very, aka “Pink Crocs”

Votes: 9 5.8%

• Total voters
OP
ndlawrence
A cult? I wouldn't say that. An echo chamber? Some threads are, but then all the forums have that trait. I was pretty disappointed with one of the threads on the other sites. I consider myself a student of terminal performance for decades. I worked in the firearms industry as a firearms trainer, ammunition development/ manufacturing, and firearms testing. So though I wouldn't necessarily do all the hunting with say a .223/ 5.56 I'm pretty impressed with some of the results I've seen on here. I've seen negative things on all the forums. I just move on to the next forum and take a break. I move forward with finding new data, not the drama.
Pretty much agree. What I find interesting, is that some of the accusers are on sites that seem objectively worse in terms of allowing other ideas to be entertained.

Of course, the irony lies in a thread questions the elephant gun’s use on big game, where one view point was completely removed before the thread was locked. What says you?
This was the problem I had with the whole thing. I get that it’s his forum and his right to do it but don’t agree with deleting stuff that doesn’t mirror your views and then locking it for no further replies. Just delete the whole thread.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
There is a thread on the fire whining about Form.

That can't be Form. That thread showed a guy with a rifle with no vertical grip.

OP
ndlawrence
That can't be Form. That thread showed a guy with a rifle with no vertical grip.
Haha! I did some deep digging on Form a while back. He's been saying the exact same things for close to 15 years online, that I could find. Disagree or not - he's consistent.

A post from 2009:

"
Penetration, retained weight, frontal area, fragmentation, and especially "energy", do not kill. Tissue disruption does. In order for tissue to be destroyed the projectile has to reach vital organs, ie. penetration. However, as long as the projectile penetrates enough to reach the vital organs, the more tissue damage that is done the "faster" the animal dies. Whether you want to believe it or not, when comparing two bullets that both reach the center of the lungs, the one that fragments into tiny pieces will destroy more vital tissue then one the expands but retains 100% of its weight.

Even a laymen could see after shooting enough animals that "fragile" bullets such as the Berger VLD and Hornady AMAX do more damage to tissue then bullets such as Nosler Partitions, and Barnes X's. Those nice picture perfect expanded bullets look good, but have little to nothing to do with rapid incapacitation.

One can read the terminal ballistics work of Dr. Martin Fackler, Dr. Gary Roberts, and the IWBA journals for more clarification.

The reason that you don't see the fragmenting bullets used for Cape Buffalo and other large heavy game, is because cartridges and projectiles used are not big enough in comparison to the game for that type of mechanism to work reliably. If one used a 750-800gr Berger (if there was one) out of a 50BMG or a 20mm round that acted the same, you would see very dramatic kills.
"

Those are like a muleyfool video, I just don't click and give it views. I know what it's gonna be, and don't want to support it.

1. .223 is for varmints only, hardly has enough knockdown for a coyote.
2. That thing is ugly as sin, no way it can work, did I say it was fugly??
3. Hate, Hate, Hate. RS is stupid, we all got kicked off there, burn, ( insert burning witch monty python meme)
4. RS link to using a popsicle stick for a skinning knife because it only weighs .0023 ounces.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t say a cult. Seems like the general idea of Rokslide is to test your gear and don’t make things overly complicated if they don’t need to be. Really I think Rokslide is more open to challenging ideas then lro, ht, 24hr, Mm.
I used to be a follower of the LRO recommended reloading practices. Doing a .10 grain ladder test and seating depth test for loads that looked good off of three rounds. Which now I think is a prime example of the cult of Fuddism.

WKR
All forums are a little cultish. They all tend to have a few posters that are significant contributors of info, and the forum usually takes on the personality of the way its run.

When you get started on a new forum, you get this little dopamine hit every time you learn something. It's stronger if it's interesting to you. Then you mostly absorb the new stuff and the drugs dim out and you replace learning with positive reinforcement via the like button for the dopamine. Those posts tend to coincide with the overall message of the site, so it just begins the echo/parrot effect.

All forums are a little cultish. They all tend to have a few posters that are significant contributors of info, and the forum usually takes on the personality of the way its run.
This. Every forum is an echo chamber to some degree, this one included. It’s human nature to dogpile on a differing opinion.