Jeep gladiator

Is anyone out there hunting out of one of these? Really putting it through its paces and can give a good off road review? I think it would work out sweet for hound hunting if it would actually hold together but I'm pretty skeptical on that.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

t-tacker

FNG
You won't have issues with it breaking down. Bed space is tight, but the rubi is very capable.

akearns82

FNG
I think they are to new to get a good idea of what they are really capable of. Not too many people want to trash a 50k vehicle.

MattB

WKR
I know this is in reference to the Wrangler, but I believe it to be relevant:

"Consumer Reports gave the 2019 Jeep Wrangler only a 12/100 in terms of reliability. It also made the top three of the website’s Least Reliable Vehicles of 2019 list. Reviews acknowledged the truck’s great off-roading prowess and its incredible engine. Unfortunately, there are more negative aspects of the Wrangler than positives."

The 3.7 V6 is a pleasantly powerful, efficient and reliable engine that is pervasive throughout the company. The same can be said for the 8 speed transmission. The offroad capability of Jeep products and their resale is class leading. Beyond that, the vehicles are roundly and rightly maligned.

I've got a guy I work with that has one and loves it, if it's anything like my 09 jk it will be good to go.. currently have 225,000+ on and just recently replaced tie rods and bearings, did ball joints at 145,000 and other than that just routine maintenance.

keller

WKR
I'm a dodge jeep tech. Overpriced ...underperforming iron they come in on the hook all the time

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
I had a wrangler I took on the beach fishing a lot, no complaints but sold it at 40k miles.

Paid 38k, got 32k after 3 years and 40k miles as a trade in. Not a bad deal.

dtrkyman

WKR
I am at 143k on a 13 grand cherokee with the 3.6, I have been pretty lucky, minimal repair, mostly just wear and tear.

Jeeps are not known for reliability or build quality, off road wise that thing will go where you need and beyond, to the point you would damage something before running out of it's capability, I mean cosmetic damage.

My grand is o wrangler but it has been through some things that did not look like a good idea with minimal issue, smashed up the lower fascia and wheel well liners and such, but not much mechanical damage, did crush a mount where the axle nut attaches if I remember correctly, had to get a new axle end, mount and nut, crushed it on some rocks. Had no idea until I was in for a recall.

I think the biggest issue with them is user error.... people thinking they have a tank and beating the daylights out of them and wondering why it broke..just my take

keller

WKR
Concerns are not really common to any one thing these days. Just random stuff.they are not a terrible machine all makes have their own issues. They are just overpriced for what they are. Imo

Fixed it for you....
I've never owned one, just watched every one my friends have ever owned (at least 10) have one issue after another.
It's Frederick Taylor push style manufacturing that's the issue, all US auto makers do it. If they weren't constantly being bailed out by taxpayers, all of the big three would have gone under decades ago.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk