Jicarilla

GSPHUNTER

WKR
i'm pretty sure the horse lake fenced area is dedicated to their bull elk hunts while the rest of the reservation has the resident and migratory mule deer herds Rio Arriba county is known for. They are dealing with the same issues across the west including drought and predators so the numbers are definitely not what they were in the 80s and 90s but there are still a few hogs in there.
Bulls will sey you back, $11,900 USD. They have limited cow hunts in horse lake. $1,000 same as the rest of the reservation.

Maybe we will run into each other on a hunt. Unless you did the mule deer then probably not I’m too poor for that 😂

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Maybe we will run into each other on a hunt. Unless you did the mule deer then probably not I’m too poor for that 😂
Not in my pay grade. Though our guide tried, in vain to talk me into it. If you get drawn, let me know your dates.

Not in my pay grade. Though our guide tried, in vain to talk me into it. If you get drawn, let me know your dates.
Will do, wish the group app wasn’t an extra $500. Be cool to have several of us put in on one app since it’s almost guaranteed in the group pool.

ElGuapo

Lil-Rokslider
I have applied for the tag a few times, and haven’t drawn. The draw odds are usually less than 10% for the 7 tags they draw.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Will do, wish the group app wasn’t an extra $500. Be cool to have several of us put in on one app since it’s almost guaranteed in the group pool.
I ran into guy I know, I wasn't aware he was there at the same time. He was with a group o 8, they all got theirs. I was with one other guy, we both filled our tags. I got mine the second day, that was both good and bad. They were holding a special hunt for wounded service members. The skinning shed was full with many trucks with elk waiting for a station to open up. Lucky for me, the guides helper had a shed at his place so we went over there to skin and bone out my cow. But for that we would have been in for a long night. Not a hook to be had. It was about 10 degrees outside.Resized_20221110_185629(1).jpeg