Kanab 2.0 pants

Will_m

WKR
Anybody have any experience with the new Kanab pants? I really like the design and pocket layout of the pants, but the material seems unusually thin for a wool pant, notably causing some durability and insulation concerns. I know there were some complaints with previous designs but I was curious if anyone had some actual unbiased field experience with them?

Had mine about a month. Only outting thus far has been two 2-3 mile property walks in very thick eastern woods. Our property was timbered about ten years ago so when I say thick I mean thick! Walking amongst thorns, brush etc on both occasions I only noticed 3 spots on the lower legs that a strand of fabric was pulled a bit. No tears. I like the layout, but wish the inseam was a bit longer (M 6'0" 170) no bunching or riding while climbing obstacles, squatting, kneeling, etc. breathability wasn't bad considering summer temps and humidity. Took them about 45 min to dry out completely from wading through wet foliage. I know that's limited but it's what I can offer until I get the opportunity to get out some more. Hope it helps

That's exactly the type of review I was looking for. Own any other type of wool products?

I have the 2.0 and the corrugate and have had the chance to wear and slightly abuse both here in the mountains and sage flats in WY. Both have proven their durability thus far. The corrugates are more comfortable when the temp has been high, but the 2.0's roll up lower leg helps with keeping cool when hiking in the heat. I am looking forward to really testing these in the coming months with the WY antelope archery coming quickly and of course Sept archery elk. Hope this helps a bit. Happy hunting.

I'm 6' 3" and the inseam is about 2" too short for me...just thought I'd throw that out there.

Only other wool I have is FL. Llano, chama, and allegheny. Couldn't be happier with these pieces. Most of the same praises as others on them. If there is a gripe the only thing would be having to watch the briars with the tops when not wearing an outer layer. To be expected with any t-shirt thickness piece though I guess.

Just bought the 2.0 and will say the cut is not the same as the older style. I have 2 pairs of the older style and I am at the top end of a med but they fit well and have had no problems with durability. The new 2.0 seem to be quite a bit smaller all the way around, will be returning them for a large!

I tried on a pair of the guide pants and I am not sure they are built for my body type almost skinny jeans on me, I am 5'9" 205 if that helps.

I just ran to 1shot today and tried both on. I thought the guide pants fit great, similar to the Sitka Mountain Pant. I had to size up in the Kanab 2.0 to get them to fit through the hips and thighs which caused the waist to be huge. I am a 34 or 36 waist and have this problem often with pants. If you have a harder time getting things to fit through the lower thighs and down then you may have discomfort with the guides. I am a 33 or 34 inseam and both were just about perfect, but I always wear 8" boots when hunting so not that big of a deal. Both seemed like great pants what shouldn't have any durability problems but are drastically different feel. The Kanab is warmer and the material is certainly different. Closest thing I could compare it to is backpack material. Don't know how I feel about the suspenders, but they did seem like they would ride up on me because extended all of the way they still weren't long enough (I have a very long torso). The pockets seemed great and the huge!

Definitely give the suspenders a chance. At 32 I thought wearing something like this was 20-30 years down the road lol. After giving them some trail time I'm sold, especially with a pack waist strap. I have never been more comfortable. If you're moving through some nasty terrain they really show their merit not having a stiff leather or riggers belt digging into your hips as you maneuver under/over/around obstacles.

Hillbilly, I agree that suspenders would have their benefits. The problem is that the FL ones can't be adjusted long enough for me. Anyone know of any aftermarket suspenders that will work for the Kanabs/Guides?

I have the 2.0 and i hate to say it but im just not happy with the fit. I am a 33x34 in jeans and i originally got size medium and they were way too small in waist and length. Reason for ordering the medium is that i have the original kanabs in large and they are huge in the waist and thigh. So i reordered the large 2.0 and they fit well in the waist but the thighs are huge and the length is borderline too short. When i sit down to glass or rest on the ground they are up around the tops of my boots when my legs are bent. If they came in a longer length a customer could always cut or hem them i suppose. Been hammering these pants for about a month or longer and the performance is great. Also i have most of the first lite gear they sell and have been very satisfied for years. I also wouldn't want to be in their shoes and have to make and design clothing that will fit everybody's body type with the sizes they offer. Kudos to them for giving us what they do.

I have the 2.0 and i hate to say it but im just not happy with the fit. I am a 33x34 in jeans and i originally got size medium and they were way too small in waist and length. Reason for ordering the medium is that i have the original kanabs in large and they are huge in the waist and thigh. So i reordered the large 2.0 and they fit well in the waist but the thighs are huge and the length is borderline too short. When i sit down to glass or rest on the ground they are up around the tops of my boots when my legs are bent. If they came in a longer length a customer could always cut or hem them i suppose. Been hammering these pants for about a month or longer and the performance is great. Also i have most of the first lite gear they sell and have been very satisfied for years. I also wouldn't want to be in their shoes and have to make and design clothing that will fit everybody's body type with the sizes they offer. Kudos to them for giving us what they do.
great first post!
i wear a 32-30 jean and the med works great for me. i have 3 seasons in the Kanab, just got the 2.0, just trusting in the FL quality. Nothing has let me down yet.

Try and track down some 1.0 mediums. I am also 33x34 and the 1.0 mediums are a perfect fit for me. The 1.0 large were too baggy for my liking as well and neither med or lrg 2.0 fit me.

I just got the FL Kanab 2.0's and the FL Guides and was surprised at how different the fit was between the two. While I haven't had any real field use with either up to this point I'm pretty impressed with the build quality of both. The Guides fit me perfectly in Large; just like they were made for me. I'm something like a 35" waist and 33" inseam. The Kanab 2.0's seemed a little tighter around the thighs and waist as well as slightly shorter in the inseam. The crotch seams to ride up a little higher on the Kanabs as well.

I'm planning on keeping both pants as, in my opinion, they both have a useful place depending on the conditions of the hunt. I thought about sizing up to XL's in the Kanabs but ultimately I think those would be much too big in the waist. While they don't fit me as seamlessly as the Guides, once out in the field I don't think it's going to be enough of a problem for me to even notice. I typically wear 8-11" boots and often gaiters as well so that should help. I don't think the Kanab's will have too much problem with durability but the Guides will certainly be more durable long term, it's just the nature of the materials.

I really like the idea of the suspenders as well, but I'm right at the point of maxing them out. I'm about a 21.5-22" torso length so most guys probably wouldn't have a problem but I'm thinking they may be the reason the crotch feels tighter in the Kanabs. I'll have to play around with that.

I just got the FL Kanab 2.0's and the FL Guides and was surprised at how different the fit was between the two. While I haven't had any real field use with either up to this point I'm pretty impressed with the build quality of both. The Guides fit me perfectly in Large; just like they were made for me. I'm something like a 35" waist and 33" inseam. The Kanab 2.0's seemed a little tighter around the thighs and waist as well as slightly shorter in the inseam. The crotch seams to ride up a little higher on the Kanabs as well.

I'm planning on keeping both pants as, in my opinion, they both have a useful place depending on the conditions of the hunt. I thought about sizing up to XL's in the Kanabs but ultimately I think those would be much too big in the waist. While they don't fit me as seamlessly as the Guides, once out in the field I don't think it's going to be enough of a problem for me to even notice. I typically wear 8-11" boots and often gaiters as well so that should help. I don't think the Kanab's will have too much problem with durability but the Guides will certainly be more durable long term, it's just the nature of the materials.

I really like the idea of the suspenders as well, but I'm right at the point of maxing them out. I'm about a 21.5-22" torso length so most guys probably wouldn't have a problem but I'm thinking they may be the reason the crotch feels tighter in the Kanabs. I'll have to play around with that.

I had the exact same experience with the sizing all around. I think we're very similar in size. I decided not to get the kanabs but if I did I would get xl as the large is too tight to layer underneath or even have a full range of motion. Suspenders were too short for me too. Thinking about trying the krypteks.

How do you tell the difference between the 1.0 and 2.0 Kanabs?

The 2.0's have some stretch panels (basically the same material as the Corrugate Guide Pants) integrated into specific high stress areas. The original Kanab's are all merino wool. There were a few guys ripping the crotch of the original Kanab's because they didn't have enough stretch to them. The stretch panels help alleviate some of that stress and add a bit more durability. If it has the stretch panels, it's a 2.0, otherwise it's the original. It would be pretty tough to find the originals for sale anywhere other than the used market at this point.

I really cant buy pants that fit. 32x32 is typically borderline too short. If they are cotton they will certainly be too short after they shrink. I typically buy 32x34. I really need about a 31x33. I went with mediums in the 2.0s and they were shorter tha. I wanted, which i expected, but i knew the larges would swallow me. So i kept the mediums and let the hem out as much as possible. Now they fit pretty much perfect. Im 6' and the suspenders are too short as others have mentioned. I have not hunted in them yet but i feel sure green briar would destroy them quickly. However i bought them mainly for treestand use.

Back