Kenetrek comfort question

Hey guys I got a new pair of mountain extreme 400 boots for Christmas. I’ve been breaking them in, put on about 20 miles so far. I really like the boots but I feel some discomfort in the left boot only. It feels like the insole comes up too high on the inside of my foot where the arch is the highest point. Will this go away with more break in time or should I try another insole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
cody21peterson
70280483f2f381fa25ee32285688574e.jpg

This is where I feel the pressure on my foot. Not super painful. Like I said I’ve gone about 20 miles so far. Just felt it more today on a short hike and want to correct it if I can. My right boot and foot have zero problems. Maybe my feet are shaped differently?

I can’t recall feeling the same thing from my Mountain Extremes (non-insulated) but I’ve noticed they have some of the most pronounced arch support out of the box and I’ve got really high arches.
As you break them in and they stretch a little, I wonder if that will go away. I seem to recall Kenetrek offering a different insole but couldn’t find anything out on their site.

Maybe try an insole from another pair of shoes you have? Try lacing differently?

I’ve often changed insoles on the most expensive boots. It’s just part of “fitting” sometimes.

The new Danner Thorofare boots I bought came with free return shipping, hopefully it’s easy for you to return/exchange. If in doubt I would send the boots back, you don’t want to be suffering when it counts.

I've not noticed that on my Mountain extremes, they were gtg right out of the box. As mentioned above, contact Kenetrek, they are good people.

Donny123

FNG
I feel like the kennetreks had long break in, I had exactly what you are talking about (mostly on flatter ground) but after some good steep stuff it improved greatly.

keller

WKR
i have the same concern only my right side.i asked at scheels they sold me superfeet guide insoles said this is fairly common tried them for a few miles trying not to get the boots dirty in case i would return them.can only put so many miles on not getting them dirty about the same feel i thought.called kenetrek they sent me a pair of their comfort insoles free of charge they were very helpful.put about 75 miles on them the pressure point changed from inside arch to middle -outside arch to where the extra padding is on these insoles.switched back to the standard/support insoles as i felt they provided better heal fit.have 42 miles +on them the lump under my arch as i call it feels less noticeable after wearing the boots for awhile. it doesnt hurt just doesnt feel as good as the other.the gal at kenetrek said call back if you have anymore concerns.thinking about maybe having them send me another right boot and seeing if their is a difference?
best of luck and post your findings john

Benjblt

WKR
Hey guys I got a new pair of mountain extreme 400 boots for Christmas. I’ve been breaking them in, put on about 20 miles so far. I really like the boots but I feel some discomfort in the left boot only. It feels like the insole comes up too high on the inside of my foot where the arch is the highest point. Will this go away with more break in time or should I try another insole?

Call Kenetrek about it. They are pretty helpful and have different options to help you out.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Gumbo

WKR
I had the same issue with my 400s and this lacing pattern worked for me. I don't have the issue with my hardscrabbles or UI mountain extremes, ikely because the extra insulation compresses my foot a little. BTW, this isn't my boot, I found it on google.Screen shot 2020-04-27 at 10.54.20 PM.png

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of their Mountain Guides NI and Hard Tacticals. Both boots took approximately 50 miles apiece to break in, not only the nylon shank (which is a tough SOB) but also the rand takes that long too. I know it seems weird but make sure you keep them oiled while breaking them in. With both of mine the arches hurt for the first 40 miles. They didn’t really get super comfy till 60-70 miles or more. I would make sure you wear the boots while active for a bit and get the heat into the leather, oil them, and then continue wearing them. Helps it work into the leather a lot more with the heat and movement. I didn’t change anything on my boots (stock insoles and laces), use kenetreks oil and lace my boots with the heel lock method on their website, it moves pressure off of the top of my foot and keeps my arches feeling good.

Attachments

• CE3A6CA5-8D73-424F-808F-DAB06E643E85.jpeg
    CE3A6CA5-8D73-424F-808F-DAB06E643E85.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 43
OP
cody21peterson
Thanks for the feedback guys. I contacted kenetrek and they are sending me a pair of the cushion insoles free of charge. They said this should definitely help. I will post an update when I get them in. Hats off to kenetrek for outstanding customer service!

OP
cody21peterson
Got the insoles today. Very fast shipping. Put them in and walked around the house and they felt great. Hopefully I can put on a few miles this weekend.

Got the insoles today. Very fast shipping. Put them in and walked around the house and they felt great. Hopefully I can put on a few miles this weekend.

Was just curious what was the verdict on the insoles? They do the trick? I’m having issues with my kennetreks.