Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 1000s Experience

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
Kene is running a great sale right now. Currently I run the non insulated mountain extremes. Fit was and still fantastic right out the box for my feet.

I tend to get somewhat active during my hunts but with glassing and no movement at points in late season hunts, my feet aren't having it with the cold. I went looking for a cow earlier in the month when it was 10 degrees and on the move, my feet were fine, stationary it started chilling fast. I can tend to run sweaty feet if I overdo it.

I hunt out west in Central wyo and usually do 2 or three late season hunts as well as a ton of late season upland and waterfowl layouts (geese).

Would 1000g be overkill and has anyone had experience with fit? Does it run tighter due to more insulation?

Thanks

I have the same dilemma. Have hunted for a week in the teens and lower in 200 gram boots and have been fine so long as I kept moving pretty often. Have even treestand hunted in them with arctic shields on and been good down to high twenties or so. But would like a little more warmth. Just concerned that I’ll sweat too bad if I go to an 800 or 1000 g boot.