Kennel Size

I have a 14 week old lab pup and I need to buy him a travel kennel. I have a large ruffland for my older lab (73 lb) and it is plenty big. I’d like to get the ruffland intermediate SUV kennel for the pup, but am wondering if it will be large enough for him when he’s grown. I would guess he will end up in the 65-70 lb range. Does anyone haul a 70lb lab in an intermediate ruffland? What size do you guys find works best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irish Miner

Lil-Rokslider
My 65 lb griff fits fine in the LuckyDuck Intermediate. The kennel fits fine in the back of my wifes Yukon. I think the large size would too. I would go as large as possible, especially if longer trips are in the plan.

I like the intermediate as it fits nicely on the UTV. I dont think the larger one would.

My 90# labs both ride in an intermediate Gunner. You also have to think most dog boxes aren't very big and trainers put all size dogs in them. I also have a 10wk old puppy that rides in my gunner to work with me everyday. I think you will be just fine with the Ruffland

OP
beerbucksducks
My 90# labs both ride in an intermediate Gunner. You also have to think most dog boxes aren't very big and trainers put all size dogs in them. I also have a 10wk old puppy that rides in my gunner to work with me everyday. I think you will be just fine with the Ruffland

Thanks, looks like the intermediate gunner is similar dimensions to the large ruffland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fallbeard

FNG
I did extensive research on buying my kennel. They aren’t cheap these days. I have a 70 lb PP and went with a Gunner intermediate. Their website states you don’t want an overly roomy kennel for travel to keep the dog from being tossed around in the event of an accident. Mine seems to like his just fine.

chemist

FNG
I have two rufflands, an intermediate and a large for my 52# female GSP and 71# male GSP. The male generally rides in the large but when the bitch takes it before he gets in the truck he willing crawls in the intermediate without complaint.

Dogone

FNG
I haul dogs a lot. I find kennels can be smaller than recommended. Dogs curl up and don’t need all the space . They are dogs , used to small spaces. Think how big a coyote den is.

Trial153

WKR
Most recommended sizes are too big .
I have traveled all over the country with hounds in a dog box taking up no where near the a space most kennels recommend.

You be safe to size down one.