Kifaru Highcamp 7000 Modifications done. (continuation of previous thread)

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Decided to do a new thread so folks didn't have to go searching the post for photos. Here is the link to the previous one http://www.rokslide.com/forums/backpacks/49294-time-kifaru-modifications.html These Mods Where done by David B. of Native Textiles.
You can click the graphic to go to his website.

Need work done on your Kifaru pack David is your man. He has the experience to back it up. You can contact him at [email protected]

Here are the mods he did for me. There were a bunch of little things besides the obvious center zip. he added a lot of molle in places so now I can attach any pouch pocket I could ever want. He also sewed in a pocket on the back of the bag at the top on the inside of the pack. He gave me Molle Tabs so i can run compression straps across the middle also.

Some of the photos didn't come out so great but Im beat so calling it what it is.

Last edited:
OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved

Close up of his stitching.

Try this on your stock Highcamp bag :p

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved

To make it a full front zip so I could lay the bag open he had to move where I pull the Cinch to the back. To do this he sewed in the cinch cord at the front.

Can now use straps to attach the bow to the bag

sewed in tabs at the top of the back of the bag. So i could attach sr buckles if I didn't want to run the lid and just fold the bag over. This turned out pretty slick

Daypack Mode

Well worth the money and very economical.

Now I have a 1 of a kind Kifaru pack. Cant beat that.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I will post what I had him do to the Exo Mountain Gear Horn Hauler tomorrow. Its so stupid simple and it works perfectly on the Kifaru Frame now. I can use them as side pockets on the high camp or on their own.

reaper

WKR
wow this is very nice,please stop it make me wanna do this with my sewing machine...the water bottle on the side is for sure on my list...no way i can do this on a stock HC haha!

how much$ these mod cost you if i can ask?

brownbear

FNG
Those are very nice improvements! I have a 4800 that has two rows of "full" webbing towards the bottom, rather than the four lash points; That said, there are no webbing/tabs towards the top of the pack. The full zip and inside stash pocket is pretty slick, too. Great design!

Outstanding mi amigo! Looks like some of these mods could easily be done to the Tahr, Markhor, and Argali if a guy can't find a Highcamp.

molon labe

reaper

WKR
SHTF,dont you already have loops on the top sides of your bag?
Mine:
322097b61f20d880d81ae06b88ef1246.jpg
64971902da7c309461e4b9513fdd6dec.jpg

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
wow this is very nice,please stop it make me wanna do this with my sewing machine...the water bottle on the side is for sure on my list...no way i can do this on a stock HC haha!

how much$ these mod cost you if i can ask?

100$ Total

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
SHTF,dont you already have loops on the top sides of your bag?
Mine:
322097b61f20d880d81ae06b88ef1246.jpg
64971902da7c309461e4b9513fdd6dec.jpg

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk
Those loops are on the sides. he sewed these into the back of the bag. Now I have 2 sets of them =-)

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Turned out nice. I've got a tripple zipper pull setup like that going into my personal daypack I'm chipping away at. You going to cut off the zipper pulls and swap in cord? I don't like the jingle.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Turned out nice. I've got a tripple zipper pull setup like that going into my personal daypack I'm chipping away at. You going to cut off the zipper pulls and swap in cord? I don't like the jingle.

Yeah working on that tonight going to do all orange zip pulls.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Looks very slick. really digging the extra tab loops on the back bag that lets it compress down into supper bivy mode.

Yep exactly why we did that. Also adds more attachment points if I want to add the compression straps to strap something down to the outside of the pack. I used one strap + Grabit to put the bow on. Worked great.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Took another shot today of the pack as its being loaded up. Absolutely love the setup. Its nice being able to see the inside while you layer it up the pack. The sewn in pocket up top is awesome for quick access also. I loaded it up with my little things I need to get at.