Kifaru Long Hunter Lid

I've been using the XTL on my DT2 since I bought it and just received a Long Hunter lid. I'm trying to imagine a senerio where I would use the extra straps on it before I cut them all off. Does anyone keep these straps on and if so why? I'm thinking ditch the straps and maybe throw the buckle in the bottom of my pack for a spare.

hflier

WKR
I have never used the straps and always cut them off. What color is your XTL? You want to sell it?

Ron

_Nick_

WKR
I trimmed down my longhunter lid to ~6oz. It has attachments to the pack, the pocket, and nothing else. Exactly what I needed, nothing I didn't. It's really a fantastic lid once all the crap is stripped away.

ozyclint

WKR
i cut mine off too. it can be rigged as a lumbar pack with the belt off your DT2 anyway so why not. lose weight and still have the ability to use it that way if needed.

Ozy, could you give a description or show a pic how you do that conversion with the dt2 belt & LH lid? Can't get my head wrapped around how you'd accomplish that task.
Thanks, Bill

ozyclint

WKR
take the belt of your main pack. from memory the straps that connect to the shoulder straps of the main pack go through the slide buckles at the zip end of the lid. one set of straps that go to the bottom of the bag go to the slide buckle on the logo end of the lid. i'll try and get some pics for you.

when you see it you'll cut your lid belt off cause why carry two belts when the main one can do both jobs and you don't need both setup at the same time?