Kifaru Multicam Discontinued?

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
A darker brown, like a sitka mud or HPG elk, would be sick.
Darker is easy. This CB 6500 bag came out good enough. RIT+Vinegar+heat. HPG elk could be approximate from CB, I'd try experimenting with orange on CB webbing. Green has been my focus, but MC Pouches on green work too.

Perfect? Pft. I strive for good enough.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
Is that the old Siwash, with the removable camo? I had that. Dissapointed I want have any more packs in MC, but they priced themselves out of reach. Couldn’t believe the amount extra.
I was thinking a late season, but, the lid throws me off. (Daughter has OD Siwash, son CB Navigator, me, OD AG1) The only fleece panels we have are my son's DayStalker, never had them for my Late Season, but fleece fabric, grosgrain ribbon and sewing skilz would be an easy craft session.

Rattle can Krylon = anyting you wan... Fi dolla...

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
....perhaps it becomes the catalyst to prove how out of wack instagram types are.
Seriously?
I've been told "we have 60,000 Instagram followers" as an answer to my question "Why is it wrong to say I've slept below 0F in a 20F slick bag by wearing ~clothes~?"

Instagram people will assimilate just fine...

Be nice if you could special order discontinued packs also....i missed the boat on muskeg 2800
I agree. I missed out on the hellcat. If custom was available, I’d get hellcat, belt in black multicam for my turkey trips and my truck battle belt.

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
I agree. I missed out on the hellcat. If custom was available, I’d get hellcat, belt in black multicam for my turkey trips and my truck battle belt.
BlackOvis seems to have replaced the Rhino Den. (which was their sale page) There are a few MC rigs over there. The MC e&es are gone now, but I was able to get one last week for $103 shipped, and kifaru.net still had MC X-RAY straps. I found a 1000D MC organizer laying around. REI dividend delivered a free to me 1.5L Osprey hydration thing that fits the sleeve perfectly.

Just the E&Es w/o strap upgrade are listed on ebay for >$200 now. IDGAF about resale, but, it's a cool thing to show my wife questioning PayPal...

I bought my first Kifaru in about 2009? The lesson remains: waiting on something you REALLY want is a bad strategy. Selling something you really liked, also bad. Pouncing on sales for things you are on the fence on pays off, my list includes the E&E, and a G1 OD 22 Mag that someone returned that landed on the Rhino Den about a year after they discontinued.

Custom? I've seen a few made by Kifaru (friends of Patrick) about 15 years ago. I've seen a few knock offs by DIY guys, most are crap, Jacob Tanner's Flectarn Scout knockoff was the best I've seen, period, if he ever starts selling, pounce, and don't look back. Others who have pilfered current product designs, my opinion, have fallen short, but that's been a while..

jsim12A

FNG
That's unfortunate that Kifaru is discontinuing Multicam on their rucks and packs. Multicam one of the most popular and the most effective camo patterns that works well in most environments. It's personally one of my favorite camo patterns ever that I use most frequently. But I do understand that it is a business decision if a product line does not sell well.