Kifaru pack

Maybe. Probably.

It is a well made, and functional pack. There are lots of them available. Some will fit better/worse than others on you. You can only know if you get one setup to fit you, and put 50+ pounds in it. See how that feels, and go from there.

The last thing you want is a pack that works fine with 20lbs of day gear but tears you up when you need it most.

IMO, boot fit is number one, and pack fit is number two. Get either of these wrong and the trip is not fun.

Jeremy

I've always found it useful to call Kifaru and explain to them what I'm looking for, then hear their opinion on what I should get. The 44 mag is a great pack if paired with the right frame.

Awesome,
I was looking at using the tactical frame, as I will may find a use for it for military puposes also.

I was also looking at the sherman pouch to attach and use a weapons carrier. Is that a better setup than using their weapon carrier or would you suggest also buying that.

the 44 mag is a great pack but you also may want to look at others. If you like organization/pockets, the 44 mag may be the way to go. I would also encourage you to look at the Hoodlum. Its 1/2 lb lighter and you get a lot more ci out of it but obviously less pockets. The Hoodlum can also work outstanding as a day hunting pack as it compresses down to almost nothing. Again the 44 mag is a great pack but just wanted to add another option for you to think about.

Back