Kifaru Portage Pack

Hoeger

FNG
I've got a Kifaru Duplex frame with a Nomad bag that I've been using for canoe trips in the BWCA. It works but gets a little tricky with trying to keep all my dry bags strapped in. Has anyone used a different bag on the frame for portaging/keeping gear dry? I was thinking it would be great to have a big dry bag that I can attach to the frame and dump my smaller bags in. Anyone have ideas or have something else they use?

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
I have a G1 Nomad and a Cargo net. Either works well with my 65L Sealine FILBE dry bag, but, it's not a typical portage setup if you look at "Duluth" pack dimensions, which more naturally fit inside a canoe.

Dry bag on a Duplex, to me, fits canyoneering better than portage trips like MN, ON, etc., or in Colorado, crossing water to backpack the far side of something, especially if hauling meat is part of it.

Are you trying to carry this AND a canoe at the same time? There are better fits if BWCA, Quetico trips are the deal. If it's a matter of not having enough straps for your Nomad, add a Grab It, buckles and webbing are easier to add than the additional volume is to carry. Or, vertical and horizontal compression straps...

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

OP
Hoeger

Hoeger

FNG
IMG_20230724_183824.jpgthis was my setup for this year's trip. Ignore the sexy pose I was giving my wife. I think adding a big ol dry bag to put smaller bags will work like you said with the nomad. Just a little too messy with having them loose like that.

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 579925this was my setup for this year's trip. Ignore the sexy pose I was giving my wife. I think adding a big ol dry bag to put smaller bags will work like you said with the nomad. Just a little too messy with having them loose like that.
Nice ass.

This will work for what you need perfectly:

$25 is stupid cheap for these, search Sealine's stuff, $190 for the Boundary 65L, $260 for a Black Canyon 65L with straps, the Pro, even more...

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk