King for a day... Hunting Laws you wished existed, or didn’t exist.

First 2 days of all LQ hunts in Wyoming resident only, general tags in Wilderness areas first 2 days residents only and no outfitters for the first 2 days across the board.

Corner crossing codified as legal access.

Enforce the laws already on the books more stringently.

That I could probably not complain about it. Make tule elk once in a lifetime per sex. (One cow, one bull)
The problem with Cali is demand will always outpace supply.

I could handle that. This place is growing way too fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There wouldn’t be any awesome hunting shows to watch if you did that.

Well those shows generally arent awesome...

But my serious answer would be to outlaw the sale of any part of any game animal and make native game animals exempt from being able to be classified as "livestock".

I really dont like laws but I'd make an exception to ones that end petting zoo freak deer breeding operations and do so with a clear conscience

What is the Sunday hunting law??? Please excuse my ignorance

Some states don’t allow hunting on public lands on Sundays. Maryland was like that for me last year. Really cut into my hunting time as I pretty much only had the weekend to hunt.

Is that still around? I lived in NC when I was in the service and I though guys were BSing me when they told me you couldn’t hunt on Sundays there.

Is that still around? I lived in NC when I was in the service and I though guys were BSing me when they told me you couldn’t hunt on Sundays there.

Blue laws are mostly an East coast thing. They started out as religious laws but lots of folks defend them still because they dont want to do things on sunday and dont want their competition to be able to either.

1. Ban guiding and outfitting on public land
2. Access to all land-locked public land
3. Extinction management for feral wolves
4. Grizzly season
5. No bans on hounds or bait
6. Spring bear in Colorado
7. Ibex and Aoudad introduced to suitable areas

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Mandatory service on public lands required for all citizens, so many hours per year...tree/brush thinning, planting food crops, pull fencing, etc. etc.....
Increase user fees for non-consumptive recreation....
....or just a 300-yard shot limit, haha.... :p

Yes, let’s limit the free market. Great plan

I’m about as much of a small government guy as you can get, but hunting and likewise conservation is one of those weird areas where we HAVE to have government intervention to protect the interest of the many.

If everything was free market we would have almost no public land, “game” wouldn’t be managed by the state but rather be on high fence “pay to play” ranches, and your success would be dictated by your pocketbook and not much else. Hunting as we know it would cease to exist, and whatever “hunting” that did would suck and be limited to the very wealthy. That is if all the game wasn’t wiped out by market hunting in the first place.;)

I’m about as much of a small government guy as you can get, but hunting and likewise conservation is one of those weird areas where we HAVE to have government intervention to protect the interest of the many.

If everything was free market we would have almost no public land, “game” wouldn’t be managed by the state but rather be on high fence “pay to play” ranches, and your success would be dictated by your pocketbook and not much else. That is if all the game wasn’t wiped out by market hunting in the first place.;)

Man, I didn’t expect to get jumped on for that. It is one thing to limit the free market for sake of keeping the game around, such as the mass slaughters and sale of buffalo (bison bison). I am all for public land, conservation, etc, but you have to draw a line somewhere. I think limiting guide services, e-scouting, and other services that legally and ethically help hunter success is a definite no from me. We have a great conservation model in place, and a lot of the agencies are doing a great job with the management of said species. If these guide services, e-scouting, etc. do not help people shoot more than is legally allowed, what is the issue? I could play devils advocate and say that advancing technology shouldn’t be allowed either, as it is a product of the free market, so let’s all grab some rocks and sticks and try to take down a deer. I agree with you that there is a place for regulation, but legal and ethical, and most importantly sustainable, methods to improve your hunt for the most part shouldn’t be regulated because some people are upset that OnX and Gohunt is helping others find places to hunt.

Back