Knives Being Banned Across the Pond

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine grew up in a pretty violent part of town. He then spent 5 years in a place where knives aren’t allowed. Told me he’s never seen so many stabbings.
I guess it doesn’t work. Go figure.

They don't care about disarming the criminals because they know the criminals ignore laws and just go ahead and commit crime with whatever is available. The goal is to disarm the law-abiding public, which makes up 99% of the population. They always go WAY overboard for the 1%'ers. All the 1%'ers in America make up for 99% of the airtime.

I recall when they did something similar in England, they banned chemical irritants (mace) and incapacitation devices (tasers) and rapes and assaults on women went through the roof. Europe and Australia are just following along the English model. Constant mass CCTV surveillance, welfare state housing, it's just a revival of the system of royalty and serfdom that has never really gone away in the populations minds. It's mind boggling how people go along with these things. In my work truck I have hammers, crowbars, chisels and a few dozen other "deadly" items.
Outlaw nail guns.

The biggest problem is politicians. Until people quit listening to them and bending to their every whim nothing will change or get fixed.

Your eyes will fall out from counting how many "laws" are made from personal bias and desire...

They don't care about disarming the criminals because they know the criminals ignore laws and just go ahead and commit crime with whatever is available. The goal is to disarm the law-abiding public, which makes up 99% of the population. They always go WAY overboard for the 1%'ers. All the 1%'ers in America make up for 99% of the airtime.
Well... sorta... the "goal" is to *look* like they are being "responsive" to their freaking idiot voter bases. Nothing more. You know without a doubt, if they're decently smart enough to play the game of getting elected for something... they know damn well such measure aren't going to produce any change, or at least, will only change the shape of how the problem looks afterward.

Meanwhile, they step up to a podium... juuust like ol' Gavin "NEwscum" and do their stoopid jargon-filled speeches where it's like 13 minutes of yay team BS... then like the last two minutes is them going over how the just EFF'd over your rights a little further. Then they congratulate all the stoopid people that gave them more power (which of course they'll just use to make even more business connections so that their 6 figure modest elected position salary somehow magically turns into a multi-million dollar portfolio by the time they leave whatever office they hold. Isn't it interesting how that works?

Interesting how people go to the political rallies before elections to support the very ones who steal from them both money and freedom.

Perhaps instead of cheering at those rallies, we should be rattling our sabers.

Another perspective: I live in Finland and we've had similar legislation here since 1977 (can't carry a knife in public unless you can justify the need).

A couple of years ago someone told me about this law. Up to that point it had never even crossed my mind and I had never even heard of that law. I've never thought about knife carry in public or anywhere else. Just carried one if I needed to. Not once has anyone ever said anything to me.

How laws are actually enforced probably varies a lot from country to country. Finland is a scarcely populated northern country with close to 6% of the population being hunters, and also strong traditions in knife-making, so that probably factors into the equation in a considerable way.

I can see how the Netherlands law looks really bad at first glance, and only time will tell how it plays out. But from my perspective the headline "KNIVES WILL BE BANNED" seems a little exaggerated. :)

Another perspective: I live in Finland and we've had similar legislation here since 1977 (can't carry a knife in public unless you can justify the need).

A couple of years ago someone told me about this law. Up to that point it had never even crossed my mind and I had never even heard of that law. I've never thought about knife carry in public or anywhere else. Just carried one if I needed to. Not once has anyone ever said anything to me.

How laws are actually enforced probably varies a lot from country to country. Finland is a scarcely populated northern country with close to 6% of the population being hunters, and also strong traditions in knife-making, so that probably factors into the equation in a considerable way.

I can see how the Netherlands law looks really bad at first glance, and only time will tell how it plays out. But from my perspective the headline "KNIVES WILL BE BANNED" seems a little exaggerated. :)
All about culture and mindset. YOu more than likely don't have the same level of identity politics like they LEARNED to do over here. They essentially do this psychological thing where they frame it such that anyone who believes en contra to the the thing they are trying to enact... must be a "bad guy", then.. essentially they knda frame it as "You don't wanna be a bad guy.. do you?"

I'm WAY over-simplifying it. But I think you get my point. They are MASTERS at getting the weak-minded to absolutely HATE whatever the other side is.

where I live I can carry a knife because I care to do so....which is a legal reason so I carry one along with my handgun.

Australia is so over regulated, even gel guns are illegal. We are becoming a nanny state. You guys have the 2nd to protect you, we don't have zip.

"Because I feel like it." should be reason enough. As long as you're not a felon.
Even felons should have their rights restored after they've done their time and paid their debt to society. Otherwise, they should still be in prison. I saw where MN restored "voting rights" to 55k felons........well, rights don't come individually, they're a package deal. We either have all our rights or we have none. So those 55k should have all their rights restored. If they're competent enough to vote, then they're competent enough to also have their 2A rights as well. Otherwise.......back to the slammer, or the chair.

2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution - “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
the Second Amendment states that as an American citizen, you have the individual right to arm yourself. The amendment also firmly establishes that the government cannot infringe on that right.

The Second Amendment was ratified on December 15, 1791, as one of the first ten amendments to the Constitution, known as the Bill of Rights. The Bill of Rights expanded upon the Constitution by establishing clear individual rights, limiting the government’s power, and further laying the foundation of American freedom.

Today, the Second Amendment remains fundamental to protecting the rights of law-abiding gun owners.

God please continue to bless America, TheGrayRider.

Even felons should have their rights restored after they've done their time and paid their debt to society. Otherwise, they should still be in prison. I saw where MN restored "voting rights" to 55k felons........well, rights don't come individually, they're a package deal. We either have all our rights or we have none. So those 55k should have all their rights restored. If they're competent enough to vote, then they're competent enough to also have their 2A rights as well. Otherwise.......back to the slammer, or the chair.
MN is NOT a state that should be emulated when it comes to their politics. That state is a circus. Basically the New York of the upper Midwest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back