Kuiu Icon Pro 7200 vs. Kifaru EMR

Kotaman

WKR
The point is Kuiu has put out a lot of junk,
If that's ok then buy them up... I will never buy another 1 of there packs,
Even if mind didn't brake, I was going back to mystery ranch because Kuiu is not for
hard mtn hunting, they just don't cut it...

But thanks for ur little remark,
Next time ur in AB give me a call I got a hero cookie for u

Oh by the way, how many rams have you shot?

Easy BPh...The guy was just pointing out a fact...I think most agree the Icon was not the most durable, but the Icon Pro is not the Icon. Is it a mR or Kifaru? Heck no, but for some it is a great alternative at half the cost.

And since it seems to matter, yes, I've shot a few rams in my day. Assuming you are going to offer me a cookie now...I'll pass....

Shrek

WKR
There are some posters who seem to be full time Kuiu apologist. Every year Kuiu has the pack all figured out and it's the greatest ever and every bit as good as the industry gold standards. Next year it will be Icon super pro 7.0 pack made with the finest mountain ingredients.....like BS . Seems the rain gear leaks a lot too lately.

Kotaman

WKR
There are some posters who seem to be full time Kuiu apologist. Every year Kuiu has the pack all figured out and it's the greatest ever and every bit as good as the industry gold standards. Next year it will be Icon super pro 7.0 pack made with the finest mountain ingredients.....like BS . Seems the rain gear leaks a lot too lately.

Shrek... A KUIU apologist I am not. In fact, I've been the opposite with regard to their packs. Ive tried every generation of KUIU pack only to be disappointed and voiced that displeasure....That is until now. in my honest opinion, they finally after 3 or 4 tries, got the pack thing right. You sir, no disrespect, have no credibility whatsoever when it comes to a KUIU thread. With regard to their rain gear, I spent 8 days in the rain in BC last week chasing mountain goats and the KUIU Yukon performed flawlessly, as did my First Lite Stormtight. However my stormtight pants were shredded by the end of the week. The Yukon was no "worse for wear". I did order a new pair of First Lite when I got home though as I do like them.

Jager

WKR
Shrek... A KUIU apologist I am not. In fact, I've been the opposite with regard to their packs. Ive tried every generation of KUIU pack only to be disappointed and voiced that displeasure....That is until now. in my honest opinion, they finally after 3 or 4 tries, got the pack thing right.QUOTE]

X2, while not trying every gen, I did have a 2012 model that went back.

I recently bought an Icon Pro however and it is a pretty good setup, with a very comfortable harness and suspension. MR on the other hand, for me, is simply not a comfortable setup and I wouldn't use one. I think people asking how the oper came up with Kuiu in his top 2 choices, need to get off the Kool-Aid and actually experience some gear rather than listening to a lot of the marketing hype out there

Shrek, don't be too hasty to call their packs BS, I can soon post up a few pics of one of your favoured brands as it came from the factory, to say the workmanship was crap would be an understatement.

Cookies on the way Kotaman. :)

OP
B

bizyrok

Lil-Rokslider
My original question has uncovered some hidden agendas here that I was not aware of. While not surprised, I am now "up to speed" and better able to evaluate what some have said. Thanks to those for their lengthy PM's - you know who you are!

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bizyrok, it is just a few that are like that so don't judge the group. Both your packs have pros and cons like just about everything out there. Your style of hunting, intended use, amount of trips over 100 pounds, budget, timeline and a few other variables could make the recommendations more on point. Good luck and either pack can get the job done.

OP
B

bizyrok

Lil-Rokslider
Rosin,
Oh I'm not disparaging anyone. I've been around on these forums for over 10 years and understand everyone is entitled to their opinion. Its great to have so much high tech gear to choose from. Competition is a wonderful thing as the consumer is the ultimate winner.