Kuiu opens brick and mortar store in….

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for sharing Wutang. That store will make massive amounts of money off of Texans alone.

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
Put a store in a heavy population center with a decent hunting culture? Or put a store in the middle of BFE?

So when are you world-class business leaders going to be doing guest lectures at the nation's top business schools?

Given the number of people (who never look like they’ve stepped in the woods) in and around Ketchum wearing First Lite gear (brick and mortar in Hailey) this is a debatable point. First Lite is underwritten by the chernin group, I’d say they have their financial ducks in a row.

We’ll see whose doors are still open in two years’ time.

Bump79

WKR
I saw that as well.. First thought was this isn't just a new store, they probably going to be based out of Texas for tax purposes.

Reactions: ODB

Poser

WKR
I’m
2d7ce6964b5e5e0fd605dd9d1c23842f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite possible this is based on sales during conventions/shows as well. I know the Kuiu booth was a hornets nest when i was looking at the proximity line during the DSC convention.

eltx

Lil-Rokslider
Makes sense to me. People aren’t buying their hunting gear when they get to their hunt, they’re buying it in advance of their hunt. Dallas has a lot of hunters and a lot of money

The Beretta Gallery has been the for quite some time as well. Nice place to visit and it is awesome looking at shotguns that are truly pieces of art. Where else can you go and fondle a $125K+ shotgun?

Guess they too missed the WKR Guest Lecturer Series on how to run a successful business.

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
Given the number of people (who never look like they’ve stepped in the woods) in and around Ketchum wearing First Lite gear (brick and mortar in Hailey) this is a debatable point. First Lite is underwritten by the chernin group, I’d say they have their financial ducks in a row.

We’ll see whose doors are still open in two years’ time.

Except their store is literally a few blocks from their headquarters and distribution center, they could probably rotate out sales staff to run it so the only extra cost to them is utilities and property taxes on a relatively small storefront.

Additionally from a logistical standpoint they only need to stock one or two of each item as anything extra could be sent over in a couple minutes. They don’t have to tie up tons of inventory in the event someone might buy it as the warehouse down the street is already taking care of that part.

I see Fall 2023 as open date, has anyone seen a more specific date? I'm glad I'll be just close enough to check it out but yet far enough away it may save my wallet some :)

amassi

WKR
They will leave California soon. No reason for them to stay here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk