Kuiu Strong Fleece

sivart

WKR
Has anyone had either of these tops in the field?

Curious how it compares to the Peleton 240. I love the peleton, but wish it was a little quieter.

I'm looking for the best piece to layer with the peleton when the temps drop. Using for archery elk season. thanks

Would like to know as well. I have a 260 hoody on the way as a last minute adjustment to use as my midlayer, intrigued by its supposed durability.

260 owner
i have not hunted in it
the exterior knit is more akin to that of a soft shell. uses what i assume is the standard kuiu dwr, so water just runs off it. hood is nice, zipper is a problem, gets hung up easily
interior is a very very comfortable brushed fleece that reminds me of the old “heather” style hoodies of the 80s.

im going to give it a whirl in the coming weeks, but as its warmer than i thought it would be as an early season hoody, it may be going into the classifieds.

if i was more a western style hunter (im in a whitetail stand or blind 80+% of the time) i bet this would be an excellent mid outer over a thin base. this plus rain gear would be good jn active conditons

260 owner
i have not hunted in it
the exterior knit is more akin to that of a soft shell. uses what i assume is the standard kuiu dwr, so water just runs off it. hood is nice, zipper is a problem, gets hung up easily
interior is a very very comfortable brushed fleece that reminds me of the old “heather” style hoodies of the 80s.

im going to give it a whirl in the coming weeks, but as its warmer than i thought it would be as an early season hoody, it may be going into the classifieds.

if i was more a western style hunter (im in a whitetail stand or blind 80+% of the time) i bet this would be an excellent mid outer over a thin base. this plus rain gear would be good jn active conditons
Is it very stretchy?

So I just got my 260 and spent a good amount of time evaluating it this evening. It is super, super quiet. Makes no noise. The fleece mapping is very well thought out. It definitely seems to have a more durable face than Peloton 97/200. First con is it came in overweight, my XL is 16.2 oz. And I normally wear a L in most pieces but this one is definitely an athletic fit, no way would I be comfortable in a L. However, my absolute favorite thing is the front pocket(s). They are positioned to be accessible wearing a pack and it goes all the way through to each side and they are lined so that the brushed fleece is towards the outside for warming your hands. The hood is also cut very well for me. It is definitely a substantial piece that should offer great warmth to weight. I’d consider it a mid-layer/soft shell hybrid. It has displaced the Peloton 200 as my midlayer for this rifle season.

So I just got my 260 and spent a good amount of time evaluating it this evening. It is super, super quiet. Makes no noise. The fleece mapping is very well thought out. It definitely seems to have a more durable face than Peloton 97/200. First con is it came in overweight, my XL is 16.2 oz. And I normally wear a L in most pieces but this one is definitely an athletic fit, no way would I be comfortable in a L. However, my absolute favorite thing is the front pocket(s). They are positioned to be accessible wearing a pack and it goes all the way through to each side and they are lined so that the brushed fleece is towards the outside for warming your hands. The hood is also cut very well for me. It is definitely a substantial piece that should offer great warmth to weight. I’d consider it a mid-layer/soft shell hybrid. It has displaced the Peloton 200 as my midlayer for this rifle season.

Is your 200 also a hoodie? Wondering if the 260 hood is cut different.

Is your 200 also a hoodie? Wondering if the 260 hood is cut different.

Yes it is. It may just be the heavier build of the 260 but it seems like it would stay up easier while turning your head. I would say the 260 hood seems to conform to my head better whereas the 200 seems a little loose on the sides.

Yes it is. It may just be the heavier build of the 260 but it seems like it would stay up easier while turning your head. I would say the 260 hood seems to conform to my head better whereas the 200 seems a little loose on the sides.

Any chance it covers your chin better, like a firstlite hoodie?

I have both and they seem almost exactly the same aside from the collar on the strong fleece which is slightly larger,both are great.

Some good info here thanks all.
Anyone have any experience with the First lite Klamath hoody and how it compares to the 260?

I had a Klamath and I wasn’t impressed with it for warmth. Very thin. I did wear it in the cold whitetail hunting too, and I’m a FL fan boy but I moved it down the road.

Back