Kuiu ultra 1800 as a day pack

Bmcox86

WKR
Looking to replace my daypack, badlands diablo is on it's way back to badlands as we speak for repair/replacement.

I have a pack for overnighters but it is just to big for me to use as a daypack. I was thinking about a kuiu ultra 1800. Would this fit the need of a daypack? Usually carry my kill kit, rain gear, puffy jacket, gloves, glassing pad and spotter? Can you haul meat between the bag and frame if needed?

Jager

WKR
Go the Icon Pro, great daypack. Yes you can haul meat between bag and frame.

Last edited:

gman82001

WKR
I just wore my icon pro 1850 out today for the first time. It was only a little over a mile but I loved how it felt I had the regular 2013 icon this summer and could never get it quite right the large frame and belt gives me all the adjustment I need. Were just doing some whitetail hunting on a ranch close to town so its not a heavy pack strength test but as of right now I'm loving this pack.

dotman

WKR
I have the ultra 1800 bag and think you would prefer the icon pro options better, the ultra is super simple and I could fit a tripod and puffy in the back center pocket. It should fit day gear well but I'm sticking to my MR Longbow bag for day hunts. I'll keep the ultra bag as it is cheap in $$ and only weighs 9oz, makes a great organizational removable pocket for packing in.

It does easily mount up on a Kifaru bikini frame though.

gman82001

WKR
I've got to use mine quite a bit more than just the mile last weekend and really like it. I haven't loaded it heavy yet but its riding awesome with everything I need for a day trip