Kydex Cheek Riser on Carbon Fiber Stock

jpkoepse

FNG
I've got the carbon fiber Stocky's tikka t3x stock. I'm looking to add a kydex drill thru cheek riser but curious if there is anything to worry about when it comes to carbon fiber specifically? I know they work by tensioning down on the butt of the rifle. I'd assume a plastic stock has more give. I guess I'm worried about cracking the carbon fiber. Any one done this?

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider
I've got one on a Stockys VG2 carbon fiber stock.
Works a'charm. I grabbed this one off of Amazon.

Screenshot_20240122-003409.png

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
Man, I get the willies just thinking about drilling holes in stocks! That`s just me, though. Thus, I have strap on cheek risers on my guns.

I’d go with the victor cheek riser due it being solid and it’s 2 vertical screws vs drilling sideways through the whole stock. You can always fill the top holes versus filling 2 complete pass through holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin (Raz) Rasmussen

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Use a brad point bit and drill from both sides ie don't drill all the way through both sides in one go. Drill through the shell on the left side and then flip it over and drill through the shell on the right side. No cracking issues on the 4 stocks I've done both fiberglass and carbon fiber using a new sharp bit.

We also sell a cheek riser kit here at Razo that comes with everything you need including the bit and a drill template

God no don't do it
It kills resale and looks tacky
Get a stock pack it adds utility to the rifle with the pouch and its not permanent mod.