Last minute Tag Colo unit 67 1st Rifle

Just picked up a last minute Unit 67 Colorado 1st Rifle elk tag from the turn in list. Never hunted the area before looks great, based on what I have read looking to hunt central part Sawtooth Mtn) or southern part of unit (La Garita). Have one weekend left that I can scout prior to season, just looking for some areas to focus my scouting trip (been on google earth and OnX a bunch) but it’s just a huge unit with tons of public. Plan to truck camp and walk in to preserve flexibility based on the short 5 day season but I have the gear for backpack camp if I get on them. Would love some advice via PM if y’all are so kind. Thanks in advance, learned a ton on this site and would love to contribute more.

Just picked up a last minute Unit 67 Colorado 1st Rifle elk tag from the turn in list. Never hunted the area before looks great, based on what I have read looking to hunt central part Sawtooth Mtn) or southern part of unit (La Garita). Have one weekend left that I can scout prior to season, just looking for some areas to focus my scouting trip (been on google earth and OnX a bunch) but it’s just a huge unit with tons of public. Plan to truck camp and walk in to preserve flexibility based on the short 5 day season but I have the gear for backpack camp if I get on them. Would love some advice via PM if y’all are so kind. Thanks in advance, learned a ton on this site and would love to contribute more.
How did this hunt turn out? My buddy and I are looking into doing an OTC rifle hunt next year and are very new to hunting public land.

Tequatche

FNG
I'm also curious how the hunt turned out. We hunted 68 last year, right over the unit line in La Garita.