lathrop and sons gold package

mattfish

FNG
I was wondering if anyone has used this package. I am brand new to backcounrty hunting and I am looking into quality footwear. I have an REI and a Cabelas within traveling distance. However both store have very limited selection of boots. I was considering going with the Lathrop and Sons gold package but wasn 't sure if it was worth the 600$ price tag. I appreciate the need for quality footwear as I make a living in steel toe boots. I have had some folks say blisters are part of it and you wont get away from them. My selection seems limited locally. I have a history with Planters Fasc. and some discomfort on a regular basis with my left big toe. I really dont want to leave anything to chance, but I am not wealthy and need to spend wisely. I dont have a problem spending the money just want to make sure I am being smart about it. I hope this doesnt offend anyone I know they are a sponser here. I just couldnt find specific answers doing a search.I thank you in advance for any help.
matt

shaun

WKR
I could be lying but I believe bitterrootbulls did that package. If you call lathrop & sons most the time they can help a great deal with sizing over the phone. I was very impressed when they did that for me. First year blister free

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah,

The Lathrops gave me the "Gold" treatment.

It was worth it to me because over the years I have also had quite a bit of trouble with my feet, and they worked hard to get me into a boot that worked.

How wide is wide? I wear 11.5 4E or 12 4D without thick socks. I was thinking of giving L&S a try, now I may need to rethink.

Last edited: