Leaving for Alaska this Sunday for my first Moose Hunt!

IDShane

WKR
Two years of planning and a lifetime of dreaming is finally coming to fruition this coming weekend. My friend and I are heading to Holy Cross, AK for a 10-day moose hunt with AK Wilderness Outfitters. I spent the summer developing a load for my 300 PRC. I shoot pretty much every weekend to just try to keep sharp. I really never thought I would ever be able to do this. I am really going to have a hard time focusing on work and actually getting anything done this week let alone sleeping. Sorry for the verbal onslaught this just seemed like the right place to vent my enthusiasm.

Good luck share your story when you get back. An Alaskan moose hunt is on my very short list hoping to make it happen in the next few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man, so pumped for you!! I’ve been in your shoes and the wait can be excruciating. I wish nothing but good luck and mild weather for you guys! If I’ve learned anything it’s to expect the unexpected and be patient…. it can happen at any time.

Scottf270

WKR
I have been where you are 4 times. I absolutely love A-Y moose hunting. Going back in 2025. Probably be my last.

Good luck and enjoy every minute.

I call your affliction "vacation brain" and I think it is a real affliction that deserves some medical leave from work. Take two Asprin and two weeks off of work and see if that cures you.
Stay safe, and have a great trip!