Leaving for Alaska this Sunday for my first Moose Hunt!

AKDoc

WKR
^^^excellent point, Vern^^^

For me, the excitement of calling a bull close to me is indescribable! I absolutely strive to do that!!

VernAK

WKR
OMG Doc, If all moose hunters could experience having a huge bull close and ready to fight or F ----- something. It's well worth the price of admission. I've taken quite a few moose over the last 60 years but I often try to call one every fall just to watch their behavior. Fascinating!

OP
IDShane

IDShane

WKR
Well not much of a story to tell we ended up getting canceled. We originally were moved up from the 2nd hunt to the 1st hunt a few months ago. That change made a 10 day hunt into a 9 day hunt with the Labor Day weekend. We then got word that our Outfitter/Guide was unable to get into the hunting area due to dense fog so we were down to 7 days. I spoke with the outfitter today and he still couldn't get in until Friday/Saturday down to 5 days we decided to throw in the towel and reschedule for 2025. This is a real heartbreaker for us but what can you do.

That stinks but the old saying goes good things come to those who wait. Good luck on the future.