Less than 2 weeks until Colorado sheep and goat results!

CoHiCntry

WKR
Really need to draw that mountain goat tag to complete the MSG hat trick... Good luck to us all!

Northpark

WKR
Well I have like 9 goat points so probably won’t draw. If I was still a resident maybe but not likely as a NR.

The odds on goat tags have really gotten bad. It's crazy not long ago there were areas in the 10% range. Goat tag odds have gotten as bad, or worse than moose tag odds.

In saying that, good luck to all!

ahlgringo

WKR
Should be posted by tomorrow 4/20, if cpw keeps to timelines- but.... given the gen draw shitshow they put on- we will see

Anxiously awaiting my yearly disappointment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The odds on goat tags have really gotten bad. It's crazy not long ago there were areas in the 10% range. Goat tag odds have gotten as bad, or worse than moose tag odds.

In saying that, good luck to all!
That's what happens when they wave the upfront tag fees and open the floodgates. Just look at the huge increase in apps when that happened.

That's what happens when they wave the upfront tag fees and open the floodgates. Just look at the huge increase in apps when that happened.

That may be, but sheep odds have not suffered the terrible odds as of yet, but this new wave will surely not help odds.

That may be, but sheep odds have not suffered the terrible odds as of yet, but this new wave will surely not help odds.
Yes it did look at the app increase in sheep. All three saw huge influxes. The odds go in the crapper this year because this is the year the 3+0 wave is eligible for tags.

The sheep apps more then tripled after they waved the upfront fee. Those 2400+ people are eligible for tags this year because they are in at 3+0.

Screenshot_20210419-103143.png

Yes it did look at the app increase in sheep. All three saw huge influxes. The odds go in the crapper this year because this is the year the 3+0 wave is eligible for tags.

Agreed, but what I was trying to highlight, is goats seemed to have taken a bigger hit over the last few years from an "interest of species" point of view vs others. I've had the luck of arrowing 2 rams, and 2 billies, over the years, and am heavy in points on goats again. I used to really watch odds, but admit, I didn't even know the results will be posted tomorrow. The units I have been interested in the past have went south quick! Hell even G5 which used to have decent odds took a 50% drop in a short period of time. This is prior to the flood that is about to come.

I'm still seeing sheep units in double digit odds. Goats, forget it.

Yeah g5 exploded with apps the last few years. Lots of internet hype and train videos didn't help that unit. The big three are going to be really hard to draw anymore i'm afraid not that they were ever really easy but now they are pretty much impossible. Glad my dad got his goat, rocky, and desert before this mess. I have a goat and just want a rocky then I will be out of this mess.

Yeah g5 exploded with apps the last few years. Lots of internet hype and train videos didn't help that unit. The big three are going to be really hard to draw anymore i'm afraid not that they were ever really easy but now they are pretty much impossible. Glad my dad got his goat, rocky, and desert before this mess. I have a goat and just want a rocky then I will be out of this mess.

Glad to see you guys have had luck in the draws as well. My goal, is to arrow 3 Rockies, 3 goats and one of each with my longbow. I guess we will see tomorrow.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm really glad I got my moose and sheep tags last year, odds aren't looking good going forward. I'll still keep applying for goat, even though I don't pay for a point anymore. If I draw, great........if not, no big deal. I just don't like having the archery goat seasons during elk season.

@5miles they do have seasons in October which would allow you to elk hunt all September. I've hunted them with friends, but won't any more as I just don't like being cold, and the wind can really blow. The snow can suck as well, but the cold and wind is what I just don't like dealing with. I'll take short hair, nice september days vs long hair, and the potential to be cold.

My heart skipped a beat this morning - got an “receipt” email from Colorado. I guess i was confusing CO with NM thinking they only send emails to successful applicants. The email actual said Sheep Unsuccessful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk