Lets get the blood pumping...

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Show me your Mule deer from last year. I just found out I drew my first choice in Colorado and I also have a Montana deer tag in my pocket.
I am all ready getting excited and want to make it worse! Lets see your bucks from last year. I don't care what type of weapon, just show me some bucks!

IrishnId

WKR
How about two years ago? Drew a Nevada archery deer this year, I'm pretty amped as well.
y4yjy6yr.jpg

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Since I haven't actually drawn a Muley buck tag in over 12 years now........all I can do is show you the buck that torments me in my yard.

Attachments

• 100_1930.jpg
    100_1930.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 240

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Mike!? Are you kidding me? In your yard?!

I had several hundred pics of this buck over the last few years, then lost my hard drive and everything on it. Luckily my wife had some of my pics on her computer so still have a few of them. I have such a mental pic of this buck that when I do draw my trophy tag, I'm afraid I just won't find any bucks that measure up to this one.......and he has become my "standard".:) Some of these "townie" bucks can grow big.

Kind of sucks every hunting season when I'm staring him down at 10 yards and just have to dream. I would have loved to find his sheds and done a mount with them. His right eyeguard is easily 7". I always knew he was big, but one day he was stripping our small apple tree so I ran out to shew him away. I got about 2 yards from him when he finally lifted his head and I thought "Holy Cow" he's bigger than I thought. A good 30"+ spread too. I think something happened to him though, haven't seen him since last July. A truly great buck. His dad was just as big with a little more mass. Stopped seeing his dad sometime around 2008.

PA 5-0

WKR
Mine from last Oct, outside of Craig, CO. First Muley on my first Muley hunt. I posted a full hunt story on this section a couple months back.

IMG_0883.jpg

Last edited:

gelton

WKR
^^ Attachment didnt work PA 5-0

Here are a few from my photo albums but never had a tag!! They dont hold a torch to the OP's avatar or PA 5-0's avatar or tanners toad above but some nice specimens none the less.

Nice One

Yes, that light you see in their eyes is my flash, thats how close I was

Friend/Client of mine with his harvest

velvetfvr

WKR
Can't get any pics of the mount loaded because tapatalk screws with the quality
ra6erase.jpg

uhyqemaz.jpg

Last edited:

Tanner

WKR
Great Buck there Tanner. That looks like some thick timber!

I shot that buck in a steep sage/aspen/ponderosa littered park at around 9200', and he ran straight up hill for about 400 yards into the timber. Luckily we caught up with him and I finished the fiasco at about 25 feet. .25 cal 110gr Accubond blew up on his shoulder on the first shot... never seen anything like that.

Lucky to have a great hunting partner around...grin