Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

Lawnboi

WKR
Someone needs to get some tikka action wrenches in stock here.

I’m investing in equipment to do prefits. Once the factory tube is off that is.

Well that was quick, 2 minutes after posting 3 SAC tikka wrench heads came in stock.

Last edited:
My latest....

• Caliber: 30 Nosler
• Action: Tikka T3x
• Barrel: 26” Proof Sendero Lite 1:10
• Stock: Manners EH1-A
• Bottom Metal: RedSnake nEXTgen TRG Bottom Metal
• Cerakote: Tungsten (action and stock)
• Scope: Tangent Theta 5-25 with Spuhr one piece mount

316f0e4c-78eb-4531-96b2-0d52afdddb3b.jpeg
Very nice build!

My "build" as it sits:

PBB 280ai 24" 8 twist barrel in factory contour
MT LA Mag
Dolled up Tikka stock
Bushnell LRTS2
APA "The Answer" braketempImageVy7a5D.png

Total weight with mag and 4 rounds is 8lb 12oz. That'll do.

Maybe next year I'll upgrade the stock.

Before anyone asks, I just assembled it last night. Hopefully Friday I can squeak out for a few hours and get load development started.

Krumfola

FNG
Figured I would update this now that I its pretty much done:

Tikka 300 WSM, 22" Sendero Lite 300 WSM barrel, South Fort Labs carbon stock.

1 oz over 6 pounds with a pic rail on it.
RkJQjJg.jpg

Just under 8.25 pounds with a 4-16 NF ATACR (heavy SOB but I like it for the purpose of this rifle)
R5hyNEL.jpg

Hair under 9 pounds to make it quiet:
yBp2O13.jpg

Def more bling factor than any real weight savings, but its an accurate son of a gun with the initial load work ups with 208 ELDs at over 2900 fps.

Dm8RSbh.jpg
I know I’m reaching back in time for this but any chance @luke moffat can share which rail and rings he’s using in this pic?

Lawnboi

WKR
PVA sale, I ordered a tikka prefit, good deal, 588 out the door.

I was seconds from a 6br barrel for my match gun but swapped to a 6 creed at the last minute. Too much h4350 and I already have most reloading stuff, plus mags. This will be my first 6mm for match use.

I've been lugging my Tikka Whitetail Hunter 300 WM around for the last 15 years or so, and I'm ready to upgrade to something a little lighter. Am I better off buying a new Tikka t3x lite in SS, or just making upgrades to my current gun? If I kept the current gun, a new stock would cost almost as much as a whole new rifle.

Ultimately, I'm looking for that "custom" look and feel without breaking the bank. Let's see some of your semi-custom Tikkas and a list of upgrades/modifications, with an approximate cost.
Thanks for starting the thread I’m after the same thing. Nice to see the different set ups

Would $650 be a reasonable price for a lightly used T3 Lite .30-06? If I were wanting to customize that rifle like some of these beauties, would it be any different than working on a T3X?

Antares

WKR
Ejection port on the T3 is smaller than the T3x. I can't remember if there are other differences. I'm sure someone will chime in.

SouthPaw

WKR
Would $650 be a reasonable price for a lightly used T3 Lite .30-06? If I were wanting to customize that rifle like some of these beauties, would it be any different than working on a T3X?
Yes it will work just fine to build on like the T3x. I just did it on a 12 year old T3 lite.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk