Leupold Santaim 15x56

Aroy

FNG
Looking to possibly go to some bigger glass for hunting mule deer. Using on a tripod for sure but I was just curious if anyone has bought these or even seen a review on them?

2blade

WKR
I tried a pair but I suspect the collimation was bad on the pair I tried. I kept seeing double of everything, which rolled with me as I panned, no matter what I did. Just buy from a reputable shop so you can send them back if you don't like em.

OP
Aroy

Aroy

FNG
I tried a pair but I suspect the collimation was bad on the pair I tried. I kept seeing double of everything, which rolled with me as I panned, no matter what I did. Just buy from a reputable shop so you can send them back if you don't like em.
Thanks for the feedback. Did you end up returning them and going with a different Bino?

Napperm4

WKR
Was excited when they first came out. Went to check some out in person and didn’t make it out of the shop.

I found them bulky, underwhelming in optical performance and they don’t have a tripod mount screw. Huge oversight on a pair of binocs that need a tripod mount.

I ended up keeping my vortex kaibabs for the time being. If I used 15x more I’d look at meopta as a budget option or just bite the bullet on the swarovskis

OP
Aroy

Aroy

FNG
Was excited when they first came out. Went to check some out in person and didn’t make it out of the shop.

I found them bulky, underwhelming in optical performance and they don’t have a tripod mount screw. Huge oversight on a pair of binocs that need a tripod mount.

I ended up keeping my vortex kaibabs for the time being. If I used 15x more I’d look at meopta as a budget option or just bite the bullet on the swarovskis
Yea the Meoptas definitely have my attention too along with the swaros if I decide I wanna spend the money for them. The Kaibabs seem great for the budget too along with the Zulu9s. They’re all still expensive but I don’t know buy once cry once I guess right.

And yea the tripod screw is definitely a deal breaker. Thanks for the comment!

WRO

WKR
For a reference I typically only run swarovski and zeiss..

That being said, These didn't pass the 2 minute test for my eyes. Very underwhelming optically. I would look at the meostars or the swarovskis.. Just my .02.

2blade

WKR
Thanks for the feedback. Did you end up returning them and going with a different Bino?

yes, I sent them back in a flash. Looked thru meopta's, they are good, but I have a very narrow interpupillary distance, measured 58.5 but I like a bino that goes to at least 57.0, and they would not close up all the way without removing the eye cup straps. The swaro's are an extremely good view, the best I've looked thru so far, but at the time I couldn't swing it. I will be looking thru sig's next if I draw a good tag this yr.

Napperm4

WKR
Yea the Meoptas definitely have my attention too along with the swaros if I decide I wanna spend the money for them. The Kaibabs seem great for the budget too along with the Zulu9s. They’re all still expensive but I don’t know buy once cry once I guess right.

And yea the tripod screw is definitely a deal breaker. Thanks for the comment!

The kaibabs leave a little to be desired too. About the only vortex item that I’d say is worth its money though if you can get them on a good deal. I only picked them up because I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about 15x in the field and got a fair deal (around $450) on the kaibabs.

Otherwise I’d have just gone swaro to be honest but that’s all I really run for glass anymore aside from rifle scopes.