Liberty CEO Trolls North Face

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuhn4

Lil-Rokslider

Zzyzx

FNG
TNF using carbon polymers to make clothing and gear is vastly different than burning carbon for energy.

Both deplete the resource, but only the latter contributes to climate change. And the company behind the energy logo wants us all to burn more carbon, not wear it.

BigDog00

WKR
TNF using carbon polymers to make clothing and gear is vastly different than burning carbon for energy.

Both deplete the resource, but only the latter contributes to climate change. And the company behind the energy logo wants us all to burn more carbon, not wear it.
Interesting.

So manufacturing and shipping products doesn't "burn carbon? And also contribute to climate change?

Broomd

WKR

Prove it.

On second thought, don't waste my time with the bullsh t..

bobinmi

WKR
Awesome response. Another reason to buy gear and clothing from hunting specific companies. Don’t support these yuppie, woke, granola crunching, don’t know what gender they are, hypocrite companies.
what do we do when half the hunting clothing companies are just as granola?

Bluto

WKR

Factually incorrect.

This is like saying that people who wear north face and hike don’t impact wildlife, only hunters do because they shoot them.

Every stage of TNF production process burns carbon. Now, they probably do get a bit more sweat equity from kids in work camps in China, but I’d love to hear the smarmy TNF CEO explain that one away as well.

Last edited:

Winnie

Lil-Rokslider
Next time you see someone wearing North Face, just loudly proclaim: "Oh you are wearing North Face, you must have so many adventures!"

I thought the $650 cotton tshirt was a joke. It is not.

ODB

WKR
It’s amazing to me a brand like
north face who wants us to commune with nature and eschew (sorry non-vocabulary guy) the complications of modern life and find refuge in the wild and sports can so obviously sell their soul to the devil of conspicuous consumption. This is literally on their website now:

Step off the beaten path.​

Summit that peak. Escape into fresh air.

(and buy our overpriced shit from Gucci to show the world you have money to burn)

Why does this bother me? Because orgs like TNF are heralded as leaders and exemplars (sorry again) of how things conservation-wise should be done, when in fact there are better orgs that are worth listening to.

EGBARTSTJ

FNG
I just can’t help but laugh at these big companies. They think they’ve got it all and what they think matters to us 😂

It was hard to figure out what had happened between The North Face and "a Texas oil and gas company" just from the news reports so far, but Newsweek has a bit more background at https://www.newsweek.com/true-face-north-face-1576659 (caveat, it's an essay; read: opinion piece).

The company is Innovex, and it looks like they wanted an order of 400 jackets from The North Face with custom work added to include the Innovex logo along with The North Face logo. The North Face said (privately, it appears) that they would sell them the jackets, but couldn't or wouldn't do the custom work. According to a public letter from the Innovex CEO, which is the primary (only?) source for the story, it was because The North Face didn't want their brand image associated with the oil and gas industry (not necessarily because they are against oil and gas-- which they may or may not be). It's still not clear to me whether The North Face does custom logo work like that; I went to their website and couldn't find an option for it.

WKR
I just can’t help but laugh at these big companies. They think they’ve got it all and what they think matters to us 😂
2 pages of reading, commenting, and associated deeper investigation would seem to indicate that what they think/say/do does indeed matter to "us".

Status
Not open for further replies.