Lifetime Hunting License?

Wish I would have done it for all my kids when they were born. To me it seems like a no brainer

I bought one from Kansas about 10 years ago right before I moved to Dallas. Cost me about $450 bucks. Paid for itself within one deer season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the IN Comprehensive Hunting Lifetime License as present from wife in 1994. I think she regets that gift..haha

I have property now, so not as important with landowner exemption, but guess its still paid for itself 10x over. Was such a good deal IN they quit selling them.
Yeah, IIRC that the year IN announced they weren’t going to sell them anymore, they brought in over $2 million in lifetime license sales. Think that was when Mitch was Governor?

Have one, lifetime upland and big game tags and fishing. Bought them for my boys as well, best thing I could do for the family.

Just moved from CA, debating whether its worth it.. Id really like to hunt Tules some day but it just about seems like a pipe dream.

My wife and I have AZ lifetime licenses. Bought them before we moved away and they have already paid for themselves in four years by just saving on the nr hunting license fee. Not to mention staying in the resident draw pool.

I've been considering this as well as a California resident, I'm just not sure if its really worth it. I know I won't live here much longer but how important is it to keep my resident preference points going for elk, antelope, or sheep. I will never catch up to the max point holders so likelihood of me drawing is extremely low. That leaves deer and bear. It takes 5+ years to draw the X zones i want to hunt. And eventually the libs will ban bear hunting like they did with mountain loins and bobcats.
If you buy the CA lifetime license and Big Game privilege package you will get your hunting license, one deer application, and five pig tags for life. If you move out of state you will retain your preference points but will be considered a NR for purposes of the draw and be subject to the NR quotas...

Horniac

IDK/think that Alaska has ever offered a lifetime hunting license, but once you turn 60, hunting and fishing licenses are free for the rest of your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought about buying one before I moved out of MN, but figured the odds of me wanting to come back to hunt it fish when I live in MT were slim to none.

If they had the option here in MT it would be a no brainer.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
MT kind of has one but to qualify you have to of been born there, taken hunter ed there and have immediate family there.

I have one in KS and would get one in any state I live that offers it.

I've got a Texas Lifetime License. Bought it about 12 years ago. Definitely paid for itself already!
I bought my Texas license before I left the state in 1989 after college. I hunted it 3 times in the first 4 years and it paid for itself for sure. I believe the cost is more than twice now what it was then - the thing to really look at and which might tip the scales is making sure the license remains valid for out of state status [the Texas one does; some do not and require the holder to 'upgrade' to NR pricepoint].
Other tags/costs can change as well - that will impact it's effectiveness. Unfortunately, I have not been back to Texas hunting for a long time. Like I said, it paid for itself and I continue to get the notices from TPWD each year.

My Dad bought my West Virginia one way back when I was young and they were only 180 bucks, Its paid for itself multiple multiple times over. I still buy the extra tags (stamps in WV) just like I am a resident still

My grandfather bought me one before I turned 1 in Florida, it was less than $100 dollars. To this day, that is the best gift I have ever recieved.

I’ve got an AZ lifetime hunting license, and I bought one for my wife as well, before we moved away 4 years ago. Honestly can’t think of a lot of better decisions I’ve made in my life. I shot a nice bull last year, and my wife is already pretty close to the bonus pass for some nice elk tags. Having resident odds in two elk states is a game changer, if you’re into that sort of thing.

I have Wyoming lifetime licenses. At the time it took 7 years to make it worth it. But prices have recently gone up so I’m not sure if the timeframe is the same anymore

For me it depends on the state and what it includes. If I can get all my tags every year I will buy one...I have WV and NC, got both as a R before I moved. I dont have one here in SC because last time I checked it didn't include big game, deer and turkey, or salt water. Just small game and freshwater fishing...what's the point of getting a lifetime license if I still have to go in every year and buy big game license. So I do the 3 yr combo license here in SC, they include big game.

Another word of warning like most laws it can be changed with the stroke of a pen...when I got my NC lifetime license you didn't need a saltwater recreation fishing license, wasnt required didnt exist...about 7 or so yrs after my purchase they implemented a saltwater license and did not make retro active...so now I have to buy a 10 day NR saltwater fishing license everytime I fish the NC coast, but I still get a bear tag every year so it works out.
Pretty sure the SC lifetime license includes big game and turkeys, I believe you're right on saltwater.

I live in NC now (I have a lifetime here) and I bought my SC lifetime before I moved. SC sends me turkey and deer tags every year.

Back