Light attachment for bino harness - 3D printed

CAM_D

FNG
My headlamp is usually in the top of my pack, but my bino harness is always on me. I have a Fenix headlamp that has a common style body, so I designed and printed a simple mount for the light to attach to the bottom of my marsupial harness. This way the light will always be there, and if it gets dark while packing out, or when I've dropped my pack, I can reach below and turn it on. The angle of the light is adjustable by twisting it in the mount. Waist and chest height lights do a better job of showing ground features and are becoming more popular in the ultrarunning community for this reason. 1.jpg2.jpg

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
That’s a great idea. I’ve seen the hip belt lights but never thought about applying the idea to hunting. Nice 3D print too!

Nice work! I’m assuming it’s a pretty snug clip… so there’s no danger of it falling out when you least expect?

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
My headlamp is usually in the top of my pack, but my bino harness is always on me. I have a Fenix headlamp that has a common style body, so I designed and printed a simple mount for the light to attach to the bottom of my marsupial harness. This way the light will always be there, and if it gets dark while packing out, or when I've dropped my pack, I can reach below and turn it on. The angle of the light is adjustable by twisting it in the mount. Waist and chest height lights do a better job of showing ground features and are becoming more popular in the ultrarunning community for this reason. View attachment 603795View attachment 603796

I use a Fenix like that. How much for two?

OP
CAM_D

CAM_D

FNG
I see a potential market for these for sure, velcro "could" be another attachment option for those without Mole straps ..... nice design ..
I emailed Marsupial with my idea last week and got a quick and excited reply. Let's see if they bring something similar to market.

Last edited:
Awesome design. I was thinking a small but of velcro like is used for strap keepers could be wrapped around the light and mount for additional security. I’m sure it would take a lot to pop the light out but extra caution never hurts

OP
CAM_D

CAM_D

FNG
Awesome design. I was thinking a small but of velcro like is used for strap keepers could be wrapped around the light and mount for additional security. I’m sure it would take a lot to pop the light out but extra caution never hurts
That would be an easy addition. I could even add a groove in the base for the strap to fit.

OP
CAM_D

CAM_D

FNG
made some strength changes and lifted it a little to keep the light housing from rubbing the molle strap. Also confirmed that it fits my T&K harness just as well as my Marsupial.