Lightest stock for a Defiance XM action???

OP
WyoHuntr

WyoHuntr

FNG
How do you like your Visigoth. I’m currently stuck between Alpine Hunter, chalk branch, and Visigoth. I like Visigoth the best out of the three, but that raised Monte carlo-esque comb makes me wonder how the drop at the heel effects the muzzle climb in the rifle. I was wondering how that grip is as well, it looks perfect.
I wish I could tell you how the comb feels when I shoot... but unfortunately I had a few other projects get ahead of it (and also hunting seasons). Personally, I like the comb height relative to my my Z5 3-18x44 on low Talley mounts.... but that is my only practical feedback on that. The grip is great. It has a slight wedge shape in front, instead of a big round /semi-flat feel like McMillan GameWarden. It has a very natural feel. It is more narrow gripped than my McMillan, as well. I just wish I knew about the texturing. It feels like a bit of moisture and it will be pretty slick. The boxy / flat forened actually feels pretty nice for my off-hand shooting style. I haven't handled a Chalk Branch or Alpine Hunter extensively, except to feel the texturing. I like it enough that I wish I had done a Visigoth for my 300prc. The Manners EH-5 came in 7oz heavy. Meanwhile the AG came in an ounce lighter.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you haven't checked out the Element Magnesium, it can be configured to 28 oz which includes an integrated arca rail. Add another 5 oz and you can have a folding stock which makes a far more packable rifle!

You may email Peakfourtyfour and see if they can fit your defiance action. Should be around 20 oz.

If you haven't checked out the Element Magnesium, it can be configured to 28 oz which includes an integrated arca rail. Add another 5 oz and you can have a folding stock which makes a far more packable rifle!
Well done

Reactions: XLR

LonePeak18

Lil-Rokslider
I was looking at Greyboe stocks the other day and their Trekker stock weighs 23 oz and is $599. Looks like a decent option for the money.

Manners EH 3. I built a 6.5 PRC on the XM length ANTI action. Super light and little sacrifice in handling/shootability.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

pjww805

FNG
any new stocks? emailed peak44 and they dont accommodate the XM unfortunately and proof has stopped building stocks by themselves. Outside of Manners who else is making a sub 27oz stock for the XM action? seems to be the bottle neck of my 6.5prc build

* To note Chassis isn't out of the question just gets a bit pricey. love the look of a traditional stock but the foldable stock is growing on me!

Decker9

WKR
any new stocks? emailed peak44 and they dont accommodate the XM unfortunately and proof has stopped building stocks by themselves. Outside of Manners who else is making a sub 27oz stock for the XM action? seems to be the bottle neck of my 6.5prc build

* To note Chassis isn't out of the question just gets a bit pricey. love the look of a traditional stock but the foldable stock is growing on me!

I have a AGC privateer for my xm, 25 oz iirc. I know guys have made the wildcat composites work with the xm, the one I have on my tikka weighs 19 oz.

HuntnPack

WKR
I have a Manners Pro Hunter for
Anti X medium. weighs 25.85 oz. total.
That’s including a 1”butt pad, Piccatiny bipod rail,
& Arca Swiss Adapter.
Excellent ergonomics, feels great, excellent fit & finish, comfortable textured grip, very rigid.
IMG_5959.jpeg

IMG_5960.jpeg

pjww805

FNG
I have a Manners Pro Hunter for
Anti X medium. weighs 25.85 oz. total.
That’s including a 1”butt pad, Piccatiny bipod rail,
& Arca Swiss Adapter.
Excellent ergonomics, feels great, excellent fit & finish, comfortable textured grip, very rigid.
View attachment 643389

View attachment 643390
this is the route i went. any finished pitctures? i went with the high plains camo. also, curious what the gun looks like without the arca rail? can't see myself really using it. also any finished pics? how long was your lead time?

Last edited: