Listen and Win a Hoyt Carbon Bow

Best thing is that Archerytalk is the devil & that everybody with a bow is an expert! Second is the anchor, I go to a lot of 3D shoots and I see a few people smashing their nose and cheek into the string. Third would be the drawer trick, will have to start using that one. Good info thanks.

I think my biggest takeaway was the bow torque and how that is why your pins are not centered when looking down a arrow that is mocked. I knew about the torque you as an individual put on a bow but not it's self. The 3rd axis info was also great info. Thanks so much for putting this together it is great information..

The parts about 3rd axis leveling and cam lean were very good. I've been very lax in the 3rd axis leveling dept!

I appreciated the info on third axis. I shoot a Spot Hogg Father Hogg, and it has a lot of third axis adjustment, so its important to understand it and get it right.

I really took away everything from the podcast, but the thing that stood out to me most was properly setting up the bow epically 3rd axis just ordered black gold ascent from S&S Archery so great info to get it set-up right. I really hope that SandSarchery4 does a lot more podcasts like this in the future, subscribed.

As a brand new archer, there were a lot of take aways for me! Probably the neatest was 3rd axis leveling and how it can affect accuracy, but also because it gave me a chance to talk about hunting in a way that my wife (she studies biomechanics) can relate to. She uses the different axis of rotation to describe limb movement, so she thought it was pretty cool too!

My two biggest take aways were yoke tuning and zt technology. I have been kicking around getting a new bow for a couple years. This was probaby a bad thing to listen to for my bank account.....unless I can win a new one.

Great visuals and discussion on the simple mechanics of compound bows. Gave me a lot to think about concerning the 3rd axis adjustment as I have done it (or thought I did). I also appreciated the introductory story on getting involved with a company and especially shows how most people (not just archers) with common interest will help one another out...Helps if you have some strings to pull too.

Wow! Being absolutely new to bow hunting it was ALL informative! But if I had to choose one, it would be to do the paper tune testing. I notice my arrow sometimes do not point straight in the target. I need to get some tuning help. Didn't realize "all" that goes into making a good shot.

I actually just bought a used Hoyt from a friend to go turkey hunting with my brother-in-law and niece last week. I had no idea what a great product they make until after my brother-in law compared his bow to Hoyt's showing what the difference is and makes a better bow with metal fittings, cams, etc. to his plastic entry level bow. I felt bad. I'm hoping I can win this to get him and /or my niece a "great" bow. Thanks Rokslide!

The podcast really helped to reinforce things I've learned or read about in the past. The comments on cam lean vs rest adjustment when paper tuning were helpful as were the comments on grip and anchor when tuning. Had to laugh when he said AT was the devil as I completely agree there are far too many keyboard experts willing to chime in if only to increase their post count or see/hear themselves talk. Definitely look forward to another one of these podcasts.

The 3rd. axis info was great and I learned that it's important to have that set for when the bow is at FULL DRAW. That was new info for me. Thanks for bringing us info that is so practical!

I was shocked at the 1" lateral movement at full draw (from rest) that Steve mentioned on some bow risers. I envisioned the string following and imagined a bow that could be difficult to tune due to lateral string travel, if that is possible.

I always thought the bridge behind the grip was just a great way to carry my bow, now I know it has another purpose as well.

I was shocked at the 1" lateral movement at full draw (from rest) that Steve mentioned on some bow risers. I envisioned the string following and imagined a bow that could be difficult to tune due to lateral string travel, if that is possible.

Unfortunately Ive had a friend with such a bow and your imagination is correct.

Great interview, 3rd axis was the biggest takeaway but also liked his take on fixed pin sights. Was considering going to a slider I think I will save a few pennies and do something different.

Back