Looking at the Garmin Rino 755t. What are the pros and cons?

ColtyJr

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at buying 2 of these for my dad and I. Most of our hunting is in Central NY and not too far from roads but we also go to Vermont once a year where there's no cell reception. Also have another moose hunt coming up next year and I want to be able to keep in touch with each other and know where the other person is along with using the GPS to keep track of the area. Thanks for the input

Fullfan

WKR
Bought 2 several years ago, for my son and I to keep in touch while hunting.

Use them in Idaho elk hunting. Have down loaded birds eye view for both, if you try a chip like garmin huntview ox onX. The screen will be way to cluttered. So use one or the other not both.

We run earbuds and a mic to remain qt, 12.00 from Amazon.

Screen protector is a must. Also have an Alaska guide creations pouch for gps. Protects the unit well.

As far as communication, it was not line of sight. Killed a bull and was able to get help for a pack job. Guy I talked to was 6 miles away. He was several drainages away and on the opposite Side.

jjgrow

FNG
You didn't get a lot of feedback so I'll chime in. I have a couple and they are great for your use case which is the same as mine when I'm hunting with a group in Idaho. Having the GPS coordinates is really nice and makes it a lot easier to find each other. I've got a bunch of Retevis UHF radios and while they work ok when you are within a mile or so in timber, UHF doesn't go very far in timber and it's hard to direct someone to a location. The GMRS frequencies give you a lot more distance, they are sturdy, waterproof, weather updates, and the battery charges seem to last quite a while.

Downsides are the cost and they're kinda heavy. The screen and mapping are just ok - I prefer to use GAIA on my phone for the actual mapping and photos. Like Fullfan, I also use an earbud with a mic. If only the Rinos also had the Inreach Mini features...