Looking for a new sleeping bag

I currently have a Nemo Stalker 0 degree bag. I absolutely love the bag and the comfort of it but it's just to damn hot. I've been eye balling the stone glacier chillkoot bag but would love to hear what yall reccomend. If I can keep the back semi light weight and something that compresses nicely that's a huge plus. Also if someone is interested in a size regular nemo stalker let me know I have one up for sale lol

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
I broke down and bought the chillkoot last year. It’s definitely a great bag. Don’t have years of experience in it yet but I so far I would definitely recommend.

d3r1k

FNG
If you want to try quilts look into Warbonnet Outdoors. For the features, weight, and price I don’t think you can beat it. I have a 20 degree I switched to after using sleeping bags forever and I’ll never go back.

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
If you want to try quilts look into Warbonnet Outdoors. For the features, weight, and price I don’t think you can beat it. I have a 20 degree I switched to after using sleeping bags forever and I’ll never go back.
I agree quilts are very comfortable and lightweight.

Lando

WKR
If a zero-degree Nemo is too hot, a 15-degree stone glacier bag may be too hot as well. If I had a zero-degree bag I liked and wanted something for warmer temps., I'd look at a quilt.

d3r1k

FNG
I use the 20 degree down quilt and a 50 degree synthetic quilt to layer over the top. Gets me down to zero but with two quilts you have some flexibility throughout the year. The other good thing about a synthetic quilt on top is moisture will rise through the down and collect on the synthetic. Keeps the down from wetting out and losing loft.

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had the Chilkoot 15 for a couple of years now…..love it! Zero complaints.

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
May not check all the boxes for you but I recently bought a Western Mountaineering AlpinLite, and in the research process was blown away by all the different bags they offer in the 30ish degree range, or any range for that matter. Very light/high quality. My first venture into down bags after a few years of loving everything about my slick bag except for the relative bulk and weight.

Cheaper option than WM, w/ down or synthetic option, would be have Enlightened Equipment make a quilt for ya just how you want. Tons of options and solid reviews.

fatlander

WKR
WM Megalite or Terralite fits the bill. My megalite has been toasty down into the low twenties/upper teens. I’m sure I could easily get another 10 degrees in my puffy. The megalite replaced a northface 5 degree bag that wasn’t anywhere close to the warmth of the WM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk