Best affordable zero degree bag for side sleeper?

d3r1k

FNG
I recommend trying a quilt. They are so much more comfortable than a sleeping bag. I use a Warbonnet Outdoors 20 degree with all the extra features, no overfill. It weighs about 26oz and was $365 w/tax and shipping. I’m going to make a 50 degree synthetic quilt to layer over the top to get down to zero (condensation will collect on the outer synthetic quilt and not wet out the down) Wear your clothes/puffy if you need to go colder.

OP
KC1

KC1

FNG
I recommend trying a quilt. They are so much more comfortable than a sleeping bag. I use a Warbonnet Outdoors 20 degree with all the extra features, no overfill. It weighs about 26oz and was $365 w/tax and shipping. I’m going to make a 50 degree synthetic quilt to layer over the top to get down to zero (condensation will collect on the outer synthetic quilt and not wet out the down) Wear your clothes/puffy if you need to go colder.
Somebody else just told me the same. I've never seen one in person. I googled it and looks comfy, but what do you do with the uncovered area of your back? Is that what the underquilt is for?

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
What's the best affordable 0 degree side sleeper bag? Looking at the Nemo Stalker, but wondered if there was a 'as good, but not as pricey' option?
Catch nemo on a sale. I got mine real cheap but in the 15. If it gets frigid I just layer up. Packs nice and is good for how I side sleep.

d3r1k

FNG
Somebody else just told me the same. I've never seen one in person. I googled it and looks comfy, but what do you do with the uncovered area of your back? Is that what the underquilt is for?
Underquilts are for hammocks. If you have a properly rated ground pad, you don’t need other insulation under you. With sleeping bags, the insulation is compressed and doesn’t offer as much warmth. The biggest thing with quilts in cold weather is to make sure drafts are sealed out. Pad attachment straps, draft collars, full length draw cord on the edges, all help to seal out drafts. For your head, you can use a hooded puffy, beanie, balaclava, etc…

OP
KC1

KC1

FNG
Underquilts are for hammocks. If you have a properly rated ground pad, you don’t need other insulation under you. With sleeping bags, the insulation is compressed and doesn’t offer as much warmth. The biggest thing with quilts in cold weather is to make sure drafts are sealed out. Pad attachment straps, draft collars, full length draw cord on the edges, all help to seal out drafts. For your head, you can use a hooded puffy, beanie, balaclava, etc…
Got it, thank you.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Look at Cumulus bags. They're out of Poland, comparable to WM and FF, and Poland is where most of these companies source their down anyways. If you have a little time to get it, you can do custom options on their bags, something you can't do with WM, FF, SG, Nemo, etc.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

OP
KC1

KC1

FNG
Look at Cumulus bags. They're out of Poland, comparable to WM and FF, and Poland is where most of these companies source their down anyways. If you have a little time to get it, you can do custom options on their bags, something you can't do with WM, FF, SG, Nemo, etc.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Will do, thanks.