Looking for Alaskan Guide Creations first hand info

Graves14

WKR
I'm looking for a Bino harness that offers great protection as well as the ability to hold some other essential gear and I found the AGC packs. Seems like just the thing but I was hoping to get a few first hand accounts. Are they comfortable? Trap a lot of heat? Are the side pockets big enough to fit a range finder? Can it be worn high on the chest or does it have to sit low like I see in most of the pics?

Thanks much!

They are awesome! After reading Luke Moffats review. I called Jaret and he sent me 4 to try, since I have odd size binoculars (leica HD-B). After 6 days backpacking with it on with all pockets filled with stuff. I was sold. In fact, I showed my 3 closes buddies and they bought the extras off me. Give Carols (805-757-4166 or Jaret 805-551-6815 a call and they'll line you out on sizes. They have some more info on their Facebook page as well.

I read that and the review was really helpful. I was hoping to get a better idea of the sizes etc. I'm from the east coast so my little Leupold BX3 10x42 are all I'll ever need. The compact size would fit them fine but I'm concerned with the other pockets. Some photos show them with zippers and some just as elastic. I guess the regular would give me a little extra wiggle room for snacks etc.

I read that and the review was really helpful. I was hoping to get a better idea of the sizes etc. I'm from the east coast so my little Leupold BX3 10x42 are all I'll ever need. The compact size would fit them fine but I'm concerned with the other pockets. Some photos show them with zippers and some just as elastic. I guess the regular would give me a little extra wiggle room for snacks etc.

give me a call if you have any questions. we'll do our best to outfit you with what best fits your needs. 805-757-4166 (Carlos)

I love mine. I went to one because I wanted to be able to carry basic survival in mine and fire starter and emergency headlamp fit perfect in the pockets. Might be a touch small for a rangefinder. But comfort is top notch and heat isn't an issue. Great product and Jaret included a hand-written note in mine about waterproofing for wet conditions. Customer service like that isn't common these days.

I'm looking for a Bino harness that offers great protection as well as the ability to hold some other essential gear and I found the AGC packs. Seems like just the thing but I was hoping to get a few first hand accounts. Are they comfortable? Trap a lot of heat? Are the side pockets big enough to fit a range finder? Can it be worn high on the chest or does it have to sit low like I see in most of the pics?

Thanks much!
I've been using them for a while and couldn't think of a better option for holding your binoculars while mountain hunting. Other brands do not fully encapsulate your optics and allow for dust and debris to get inside. With the Alaskan guide creations you will not have this issue. Best binocular harness on the market in my opinion

Carlos or Jaret can hook you up on that. These are the BEST harness/pack system ever created. I've personally tried out just about everything out there only to find out I wasted money and should have just bought this to start. I do spot and stalk hunting and some back country hunting all Archery and from the range to scouting or hunting I grab for this first and have it ready to go before I even start packing my bow and stuff. I'll NEVER be without this. It is my favorite piece of outdoor gear because of its quietness, durability and the fantastic customer service and support they provide.

Got my AGC compact case the other day. The only drawback is a lack of tethers to have as a safety to secure your glass. He sends a piece of paracord and says tie them in….lol
Anyways after getting creative with some old lanyards that came with some Fenix flashlights, I'm happy with what I have now.
The whole setup is comfortable, relatively quiet, rides pretty high, and well made. I expect it to function very well. I can't comment on how hot it will get yet, but I suspect it won't be any hotter than the S4 that it's replacing.

In my side pockets I have… 1 bic lighter, 2 wet fire cubes, whistle, and a fire/ferro rod… the other side has a Fenix E11 LED pen light flashlight (runs on 1 AA bat), and 3 more spare AA batteries for said flashlight and the GPS.
Basically just some "what if" stuff which is redundant gear anyways that won't see much use…. except the batteries for the GPS. Definitely not enough room for a range finder in the side pockets of the compact model. But for sure in the front!

Here's some pics of my compact model….as the Alaska Guide Creations website is plain and simply….lame.
Those are Razor 10x42 for reference.

My vote goes to the AGC for best bino harness out there. Covers binos very well. fits anyway you want it to fit. the extra pockets are nice for smaller items that you use a lot during the day. I always carry my pack with a overnight kit and that type of things. I feel they all will hold a little heat but it's not to the point to where I wouldn't have it. Tied my binos in the same way flyrod did. I have a pair of ziess classic 10x42 that fits perfect in the compact.

I've carried the compact size for my Nikon Monarchs and my brother has the Larger size for his Swaro 15xs. I wouldn't hunt without this bino pouch either. It's just right for me as others have said.

In my side pockets I have… 1 bic lighter, 2 wet fire cubes, whistle, and a fire/ferro rod…

not sure what size the webbing is on your harness but you may be able to substitute one of the buckles with a fire steel buckle and save having to carry your ferro rod and whistle since the fire buckle has a whistle too.

not sure what size the webbing is on your harness but you may be able to substitute one of the buckles with a fire steel buckle and save having to carry your ferro rod and whistle since the fire buckle has a whistle too.
Good idea… I've seen those…. I'll look into it…
thx

whats the chance that a glock 19/23 will fit in the front pocket with the main pocket holding the binos?

Probably not gonna fit. dotman and I were playing with a couple of these and his G29SF will "fit" in the back zippered pocket with the grip of the gun still sticking out for access. The front pocket is more the size of a rangefinder with a little extra space. I still like the idea of getting PALS webbing on the back instead of the zipper pocket so I can attach a holster there.

Can I use small buckles to mount a compact directly to the shoulder straps on a pack, or is it just too heavy? I am looking at picking up either Talon HD or Viper HD 10x42.

I'm sure you could. I think it really depends on how you hunt and whether you wear your pack all the time though. The whole reason I love the AGC pack so much is I can ditch my main pack if I need to and still have my binos, rangefinder, gps, headlamp and other bare essentials. And, there is no need to reconfigure the straps and buckles and all that which takes time. Just something to think about.

Back