Looking for suggestions on protein bars

I have switched from quest bars to Rx bars. Rx are much more "natural" seem to have less sugar and processing than others i have found. Whole 30 and paleo. I love them. I get them on Amazon by the dozen. The blueberry one is my favorite by far.

Joe

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
I had never tried probers before so I went to REI to try one out. I ended up buying a bunch of them to see what I liked best. My son 2 and 1/2 years old said he wanted to try one.. so I'm thinking here we go one bite and he will hate it because he is a really picky eater. he loved it! It was the meal replacement whole berry. I tried a bite of it it was pretty dang tasty! i also tried the pecan peanut butter? i think thats what it was and it was decent but I liked his better! all in all they taste better than the cliff bars that i had been eating!

Craig4791

WKR
Gatorade makes a really good one called Recover I am using this year. Chocolate Caramel is the chit!

OR Archer

WKR
Literally just ate one of the Chocolate Chip Gatorade protein bars. It was pretty damn good. 360 calories at 2.8oz and 20gr of protein. Not bad.

I ordered some breakfast smoothie drinks from Packit Gourmet. Think these will pair well for a quick powerhouse breakfast.

ElkFanatic

Lil-Rokslider
I'm all about Pro Bars outta Park City,UT. They have great flavors, packed with nutrients and really fill you up. I eat one every morning on my hunts. Tip: keep it in your sleeping bag so it's not a brick in the morning for colder hunts. No processed sugars and make with natural ingredients. You can buy them in bulk on backcountry.com

MetRx Big 100. Preferably maple-bacon flavor.

Just Kidding, those are horrible.

I just bought two boxes of Clif builders bars.

Poser

WKR
I have switched from quest bars to Rx bars. Rx are much more "natural" seem to have less sugar and processing than others i have found. Whole 30 and paleo. I love them. I get them on Amazon by the dozen. The blueberry one is my favorite by far.

Joe

I tried a Blueberry RX bar this weekend. While the ingredient list impressive and I thought they would be good, I just found them too chewy and didn't think that they tasted like real food. Though, My friend who had them, absolutely loves them and he is a picky eater.

At least we have an abundance of choices these days. Ya'll remember back in the 90s when the original Power Bars were the only option? They were super chewy and required >16 oz of fluid to swallow and digest? Worst part was, they would freeze solid in the cold. I remember being on a climbing trip and having to break one into edible pieces with my ice axe. :p On the flipside, I have a vivid memory of trying to choke one down on a dehydrated gut during a Grand Canyon rim to rim trip and it leaving me with cotton mouth. If there is one bar I hope to never have to eat again my life, it is the original Power bar. I probably haven't had one in 15 years and I'm still burned out on them.