Looking for the Perfect ball cap for the backcountry

trk3263

WKR
I am looking for the perfect camo or backcountry colored ball cap that is synthetic. Most of my clothing is Sitka Open Country and I am thinking about trying one of their hats. My vortex optics trucker hat was nice but falling apart.

Has anyone found the PERFECT synthetic comfortable baseball style hat?

7mag.

WKR
I don't like synthetic hats for the back country because they don't soak up the sweat very well, leaving it to run into my eyes. The only cotton I take into the back country is my Rokslide ball cap.

NVCHUKAR

WKR
The sitka hats are the most comfortable hat I have every worn. They are thin and keep your head cool and don't trap heat or sweat. I honestly have bought a few and wear them almost daily.

The sitka hats are the most comfortable hat I have every worn. They are thin and keep your head cool and don't trap heat or sweat. I honestly have bought a few and wear them almost daily.
Will have to try. Mesh trucker is way to go . When mowing sitting on the tractors , wear my straw cowboy hat for sun protect, but cant do much physical work with it. Love the boonies but way too hot.

Longshot

Lil-Rokslider
i've been searching for the last year to find my next "lucky hat". I wanted: comfort, quick drying, good looking. I'm very picky about the hats I wear, most of the hats i buy usually don't get used due to improper fit. When I find one I wear it until it's nasty. I recently decided on an Under Armour snap back. I've been wearing it casually for the last two weeks and have been happy so far. Good luck, I know the importance of a good cap.

j-bow

Lil-Rokslider
X2 NVCHUKAR I have tried a lot of hats and the sitka is by far my favorite

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have several camo ball caps, and I just grab and use whatever one is the closest at the time. They're all cotton, for the same reason as 7mag.

OP
trk3263

trk3263

WKR
Glad to hear the Sitka hat is so liked. I too have many hats that just sit on the shelf because they just don't fit of look right. I hate those hats that don't keep their shape for everyday use. I had a good under armor hat that was an everyday use and synthetic so I wore it hunting a few times just never found a camo one and wore out the everyday one.

I wish the Rokslide ones didn't seem "floppy" because I would love to get on of them for everyday use. Richardson makes a great trucker hat.

Outwest

WKR
Just bought the sitka hat this season. One of the best fitting caps I have ever worn. Hope it proves to be my lucky one.

MLB authentic 59/50 camo hat. Detroit tigers for me. I cannot Stand unstructured hats or hats that are adjustable in the back. They used to be wool and were awesome. They are now synthetic and are still pretty good. Worn it from 10-110 degrees, the brim soaks up the sweat well.

Browtine

WKR
MLB authentic 59/50 camo hat. Detroit tigers for me. I cannot Stand unstructured hats or hats that are adjustable in the back. They used to be wool and were awesome. They are now synthetic and are still pretty good. Worn it from 10-110 degrees, the brim soaks up the sweat well.

Tipsntails rocking the official MLB 59fifty, I like it other than that Detroit crap. ;)

This will probably get us sidetracked, but I'm pretty picky with my hats and have been liking my Kuiu cap so far. Very light. low profile and dries super fast. Probably not the best choice if you have a large melon though and it's not structured if that matters to you.

I will add another vote for Sitka. Light, breathes and comfortable. Best hunting hat so far for me.

gelton

WKR
There are plenty of good hats out there I just cant find one that'll fit my big ol' head. I have tried the rokslide ball cap, the sitka ball cap and even bought a Kuiu boonie hat and after a month of waiting for it on backorder, it doesnt fit either.

So if anyone with large head syndrome (7 1/2-7 3/4) has found the perfect hunting ballcap that the op is looking for, that will also fit us bucketheads, let us know.

I have a G5 truckers hat that I will try this year. Came with my bow, and has become my every day ballcap. Have a KUIU hat and it just flat stinks. Fits ok, but when they cut it, it has some funky folds and looks terrible on. I also have an under armor hunt cap that is a dark brown that fits well that I like. I have yet to find the perfect one though. I wore 4 different ballcaps last year on my elk hunt. Down to two this year....and a beanie for colder mornings.

There are plenty of good hats out there I just cant find one that'll fit my big ol' head. I have tried the rokslide ball cap, the sitka ball cap and even bought a Kuiu boonie hat and after a month of waiting for it on backorder, it doesnt fit either.

So if anyone with large head syndrome (7 1/2-7 3/4) has found the perfect hunting ballcap that the op is looking for, that will also fit us bucketheads, let us know.

I have the same large head problem!!! I found an Outdoor Research baseball style in a local store here. They are available in several sizes, unlike most hat makers! It fits great, it is very light, and dries quickly!

Happy so far.

Bob

NVCHUKAR

WKR