Lowa Cevendale EVO GTX and Lowa Tibet?

Fowlman

FNG
I have looked at both of these boot. Like them both.
They seem to be made well and both have good reviews.
Anyone here have them personally?
Just want opinion for longevity and durability.

Thank you for any input.

I beat the crap out of a pair of Lowa Tibet boots for years and then gave them to my teenage son and he's still beating the crap out of them. Great boots, highly recommend them.

Hntr4life

FNG
Three Dall Sheep hunts and countless miles on the same pair of Tibet’s.
Cant say enough about these boots, best thing I’ve ever put on my feet.

HankNM

Lil-Rokslider
I went back to Lowa boots 4 years ago.Wore them for years in 70's,80's.
My Tibets are excellent in colder weather & are my main hunting boot. 4 yrs and just like new. In NM....
I wear Camino's as a daily boot now.

JMDavies

WKR
I've had my Tibets for 3 seasons. I really like them. They can be a little warm early in the season.

I’ve got a pair of cevedale’s and they’re garbage. They’ve leaked water when there’s a heavy dew on the ground from day one. Soles separated after not a ton of use, etc....

their Tibet’s and my personal favorite lowa, the sheep hunters, have been absolutely bomb proof but the cevedales were a big diss appointment for me

OP
Fowlman

Fowlman

FNG
I was leaning towards the Tibets because they are way different then my other boots that I already have. They are taller and seem to be more stiff.

Beendare

WKR
Can anyone answer questions on the Low Tibets for me;

How much flex in the sole and is there any rocker built in? I like soles on the stiffer side but need some flex or my heel gets beat up.

Do they feel heavy? I'm looking at 15's so those suckers are going to be like wearing angle weights correct?

________

How much flex in the sole and is there any rocker built in? I like soles on the stiffer side but need some flex or my heel gets beat up.

Do they feel heavy? I'm looking at 15's so those suckers are going to be like wearing angle weights correct?

________

There pretty stiff. I had to tape my heels every time.
Wearing 960 and 980 Zamberlan now. Good happy medium of stiff but just enough flex.
If you look at a picture of the 980 see how they have a V in the upper and the softer tounge leather comes back. Seems to help with heel problems. It allows more flex.

MattB

WKR

________

I don't think they are really all that stiff. There is some rocker in the sole.

LaHunter

WKR
The Tibets are legit stiff sole boots. If that is the type of boot that you are looking for, they are great. Once you get some miles on them, they will get a little bit of flex to them, but not a ton. With a heavy pack, the Tibets really earn their keep. Another option is the Lowa Ticam II boots. They have a sole that is very similar to the Tibets, but they are not as 'blocky' in the toe area, and they are a bit lighter than the Tibets, but they are still plenty rugged and supportive. I really like both of these, but I may be starting to like the Ticams a little more.

As far as heel slip goes, the Tibets and Ticams do a great job of locking my heel in place, so I get no heel movement at all.

rm06

WKR
I have owned both and from my experience they are very different boots, I sold the Tibets and kept the Cevedales. Stiffness is about equal, the Cevedale is probably just a fraction more rigid. The lace to toe on the Cevedale is a better fit for my foot as my feet are low volume, so much so that I run with two insoles in each boot. I do think the Tibet is probably a better "all around" boot and the Cevedale is more purpose built for extremes - they aren't day-hikers and frankly, they kinda suck at it. The rocker on the Cevedale is far more pronounced as well, at least in my limited sample size.

Try them both, mine are in "gently used" condition after 3 years and I don't have any complaints. I don't wear them all the time, really only when I know I'll be hunting in really steep and rocky terrain. Boots are extremely personal and you'll just have to try some out to get a good gauge on what works best for you.

OP
Fowlman

Fowlman

FNG
Thank you rm06.
Right now when I hunt close to home in the Oregon coast I use Danner Pronghorns. I know everyone hates them but for easy one day hunts I have always used them and love them.

But the last 5 years or so I have done more over east and I find myself in more rock and carrying heavier loads. When this happens o seem to get more foot and ankle fatigue and cramping then ever before. So I believe that these boots will hopefully help with that.

Thank you for your input. Very helpful

Mosby

WKR
I have two pair of Lowa Tibet's. One is several years old. The other are brand new that I am going to break in this summer. They are a bit stiff but I need that support for my ankles and knees. They are my primary elk hunting boot and I wear them until the temps get below freezing and then I switch over to insulated Zamberlain's. The Zamberlain's have a bit more flex and a little wider but I never have problems with either. They are equal in quality IMO. I wear size 13 and they aren't light but I view it as necessary weight in steep country or carrying weight. I sometimes wear lighter, more flexible boots and I feel it in my ankles and knees at the end of the day.

Which ever boot you get plan on breaking them in over 25 to 30 miles before the season. Thats a good start and I found that I have less foot problems when I slowly break in my boots properly.

steve s

Lil-Rokslider
The Tibets are legit stiff sole boots. If that is the type of boot that you are looking for, they are great. Once you get some miles on them, they will get a little bit of flex to them, but not a ton. With a heavy pack, the Tibets really earn their keep. Another option is the Lowa Ticam II boots. They have a sole that is very similar to the Tibets, but they are not as 'blocky' in the toe area, and they are a bit lighter than the Tibets, but they are still plenty rugged and supportive. I really like both of these, but I may be starting to like the Ticams a little more.

As far as heel slip goes, the Tibets and Ticams do a great job of locking my heel in place, so I get no heel movement at all.
Do you wear the same size Ticam and Tibet?

Pk_in_Dallas

Lil-Rokslider
In my opinion everything is measured against Lowa Tibets. They are the gold standard. They are very comfortable for my feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk