Mach 34 vs RX8 Ultra

lpplayer59

Lil-Rokslider
I am thinking about going back to Carbon next year and prefer longer ata bows. Curious is anyone has had experience with both???

I don’t have a Mach 34 close to me to try out. I was impressed with the RX8 ultra (I’ve had several carbon guys before). Any known issues with the PSE Mach 34? Thank you in advance

I really liked the mach 34 with an E2 cam. It seemed very forgiving and the energy transfer seemed great. I do like how the rx8 ultra has 1/4 inch DL adjustments. I wish the PSE had a similar way to adjust that.

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
The Mach 34 with EC2 cam is quite a bit lighter and faster than an RX8 Ultra, at least in my testing. 8 FPS with identical arrows at 70 lbs and 29" draw length. Mach 34 is also 11 ounces lighter than an RX8. To me, the Mach 34 is exactly what a carbon hunting bow should be.

Beendare

WKR
I’ve been looking at those models and have a bunch of bowhunters I know in and around the industry. One guy just shot Vegas with his Mach 34.

The commentary is as usual…along loyalty lines. The PSE guys hate Hoyt and vice versa. The main advantages as was conveyed to me- ( a lefty that hasn’t shot either)
The mach 34 holds well, is faster but needs to be balanced with stabilizers For best accuracy.

The hoyt has a butter smooth draw cycle

nphunter

WKR
Ballance is different from person to person. My Mach 34 holds very well with no additional weight and shoots extremely well. It holds much better than my previous Hoyt carbons did.

I've been a Hoyt fan since my first Hoyt back in 2009, I've owned and shot 3 different carbons and 3 different aluminum Hoyts since then along with some other bows. I was never a fan of the old PSEs, ie the original Omen era and the first carbon they came out with was horrible. After hearing all the hype over the new PSE carbons and growing tired of my short ATA carbon Hoyt I started a search for a new carbon bow. In the end, I built a custom Mach 34 with short draw cams. The PSE won for me over Hoyt in every category that was important to me. It draws smoothly, shoots fast, is lightweight, and has a much easier tuning system than the Hoyt.

To me getting a Hoyt Ultra didn't work with my 27.5" draw, my speeds with an Ultra would be slower than my speeds were when I bought my first Hoyt. I feel like Hoyt has gone downhill big time over the last 5 years. Their bows have been getting heavier, shorter, and slower. Everyone else's Carbons are similar, short, slow and heavy.

With my Mach 34, I'm getting a calculated IBO of 341fps with a good draw cycle and 6 11/16" Brace. Very few bows on the market meet those specs aluminum or carbon.

Last edited:

Magma

Lil-Rokslider
Both great bows. M34 with EC2 cams is ridiculously smooth draw cycle.
No sure on the new Hoyt Cams.??

Im a much bigger fan of the Mach, because of the speed and efficiency of the cams, and the overall lightweight package of the M34.
The only reason Id spend more for Carbon is for a major weight savings- And PSE has nailed that