Magview vs Phoneskope??

JP100

WKR
Maybe have been discussed before, but who has the new Magview?
Hows it been working in field vs a normal phoneskope?

How secure is it?

Doesn't seem super tight on the eyepiece, is there any light leakage??

Worth the coin?

Had the magview and sold it. Bought the Ollin and absolutely love it.

Magview
Pros: can use your own phone case
Cons: can’t wireless charge. Still have to line up your phone, it works but it’s clunky and takes time to get it lined up right

Ollin
Pros: Wireless charge is no problem. When you put your phone up to the magnet lines up perfectly 100% of the time, no fumbling and trying to line it up.
Cons: requires Ollin case (case is not much bigger or bulkier than a normal phone case. I’ve not had a problem with it at all

My .02 I’m sure there are those out there that like the magview. For me, it wasn’t any faster or better than a phone Skope and I hate not being able to wirelessly charge my phone.

Kkwebb

FNG
I have both and use the phoneskope as you still have to try to find the right spot with the magview. I just received the updated case for the new iPhone and haven’t used it yet, but even before it made good pics.

If ohineskope would trim down the bulk on the case it would be much better. No reason for all that bulk and it would save me pulling it off after hunts.

CorbLand

WKR
I haven’t had the magview for long but so far I really like it. Way better than the phone skope.

Lining it up isn’t bad if you use the grid on your camera. If your phone is to old for it, magview has an app that puts them on there. Takes a little practice but after doing it a handful of times, you can line it up pretty quick.

I like that you don’t have to use an proprietary case. I already have a life proof on my phone and taking it off or putting another case over it was annoying.

It’s held rock solid for me. I had it out today in some decent winds and the phone didn’t move with my spotting scope shaking.