Man cave/reloading room ideas

I did the same thing about 8 years ago. My room was a 20 by 14 framed in deck. I insulated and finished it like a normal room. I have 3 windows along the side that I can open for a breeze and give great ambient light. I have a over sized door going directly outside too. Allows for heavy objects to come through the door better, like a gun safe. Along one wall, I built a bench. I use this bench for reloading. I store my hunting clothes, reloading stuff, gun safe, etc in this room. It is also my workout room with weight bench and weights.

My advice is this, you can never have too many benches. This summer I'm going to build two more. Trying to single stage and progressive load off just the one, plus use it for fletching and bow work, is getting cluttered. For benches, make them super sturdy. Frame them out of 2 by 4 studs, and plate them with 2 by 6. It allows for presses and such to be screwed directly to them and you don't have to Worry about ripping them out of the table after a couple thousand pushes on the handles. Bolt the backside of the benches to the wall in the framing studs and, use simple 2 by 4's for the legs out front. I made mine 30 inches deep. This allow you to put over head shelving above them for storage and be able to reach them all the way to the ceiling. And make them standard height.. Meaning as high as a kitchen table. This allows for storage tote beneath them that is easy to identify, easy to get to, and easy to maintain organization.

Depending on your hobbies, you need to ensure you have enough bench space. Did I say that already? :^) Good luck and God Bless
I don't think this covers it enough... Bench space.

I frequently have several things going at once. Not having to move a rifle to have a place to put a different rifle and a fly rod is huge.

Make one bench a little longer than your longest fly rod.

I personally like higher benches, you can fit more under them, and for most stuff I find them more comfortable than 36". Most of mine are 38", one is 40".

I prefer more open shelving than cabinets. My cabinets have cork on the door panels. I tack out of state licenses, pictures, etc on them.