Manners Stock & Pic Rail/Bipod/Sling Configuration

IdahoBeav

WKR
I am about to order an EH-1 for my rifle, and I am trying to figure out which pic rail and sling connection option I want to go with for the front. I am planning to order an Evolution ADM bipod once they are back in stock, and I'm looking at going with one of the following configuration options from Manners, but I am also open to other suggestions. Please let me know what you recommend.

Atlas BT-34 rail with flush cup in the stock and on the bottom just behind the rail- This offers 3 pic rail slots.

Badger rail- This includes 7 pic rail slots with a QD cup on the rail.

Is there a reason for 7 rail slots on a hunting rifle? The weight is probably a little less with the Atlas option, but it may not be enough to worry about.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
3 tnuts up front
2 in back

Now I can run any combo of short pic rail, short arca rail, sling stud, long arca rail etc that I want.

As for sling, honestly Im partial to the NON rotating flush cups on the nondominant side of the rifle.

The "side" of rifles these days has a bit more surface area to hold it flat against my back. Plus, the traditional buttstock sling stud location is always in the way of a rear bag.

Attachments

• IMG_5465.jpeg
    IMG_5465.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 17
OP
IdahoBeav

IdahoBeav

WKR
3 tnuts up front
2 in back

Now I can run any combo of short pic rail, short arca rail, sling stud, long arca rail etc that I want.

As for sling, honestly Im partial to the NON rotating flush cups on the nondominant side of the rifle.

The "side" of rifles these days has a bit more surface area to hold it flat against my back. Plus, the traditional buttstock sling stud location is always in the way of a rear bag.
Are you running a pic rail up front? If so, how long is it, and what bipod are you running?

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
This one. Just because it's what I have, and it's kind of nice to have the swivel stud and pic rail all in one. Honestly I would be cool if it had exactly one slot for my bipod... don't see how more could be better in this case. I have also used the 2" plastic Magpul ones and they're just fine.

I run a Hatch 36" bipod for hunting and an Atlas Cal for general shooting. I run the ADM mount when im using the pic rail.

For the occasional competition I swap everything for a full length Arca rail. RRS makes a couple clamps that will go on both Arca and Pic rail that are really slick. Nice to swap between guns.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Honestly I think the key is to just have a good combo of T-nuts. Since rails are come-and-go, and as long as you have T-nuts everywhere, your options are limitless with what the market might offer later on.

I asked my gunsmith to put them in and he did them for free