Mathews lead times?

A local dealer here just got a shipment of V3 bows in so they are shipping, guessing they were preordered

That is from Mathews, it was sent to a buddy who is a dealer.

He has a bunch in that he pre-ordered. His personal bow is going to be arriving in June.
Okay thanks!
I got an email back from them just saying 14-16 weeks from when the bow is ordered.
I heard Mathews was going to be hiring more workers to help get caught up..but that was just a conversation I heard. If they haven’t, I’m surprised they don’t hire more workers, assuming that would help them get caught up

Okay thanks!
I got an email back from them just saying 14-16 weeks from when the bow is ordered.
I heard Mathews was going to be hiring more workers to help get caught up..but that was just a conversation I heard. If they haven’t, I’m surprised they don’t hire more workers, assuming that would help them get caught up

Lots of processes involved in bow manufacturing. They are probably running the CNC mills as fast as possible. Then add in time for powder coating and dipping. Lots of things going on and it could be something really simple that's operating at max capacity that's extending build times. It's been taking 8 weeks just to get mods, that's something that you would think are just laying around in excess. Point is I doubt it's actually a manpower issue, and equipment cost it's easier to extend lead times then invest in more equipment, for now.

Could even be a raw material problem.

Lots of processes involved in bow manufacturing. They are probably running the CNC mills as fast as possible. Then add in time for powder coating and dipping. Lots of things going on and it could be something really simple that's operating at max capacity that's extending build times. It's been taking 8 weeks just to get mods, that's something that you would think are just laying around in excess. Point is I doubt it's actually a manpower issue, and equipment cost it's easier to extend lead times then invest in more equipment, for now.

Could even be a raw material problem.
Very very valid points!!! Of course I’m super excited to get this bow so I’m super anxious! Lol.
mom also trying to kind of make arrangements in case I am gone for training when it comes in. Part of why I’ve wondered on the time frame.

I appreciate all your responses and information! Nice to see some time frame dates instead of just how many weeks

Material lead times are well beyond what has been standard over the last several years. Everything from steel to plastic is taking 4 to 10 times as long to get. I know one major manufacturer that depended on a 6 week lead time for certain material that is now being told 6-8 months before his next shipment- and I guarantee they are first in line due to their volume - Hornady. I know of another large furniture store that is being told 6 months on couches of all things.

Most manufacturers around the world haven't stock piled raw materials over the last 5 years because material lead times were very reliable. Now that they aren't, it will take significantly longer to get most things that aren't daily use.

To compound the problem, the largest manufacturers are ordering in much higher volume in an effort to increase their raw material inventory to account for the longer lead times. It's really very similar to the ammunition situation. There are less products available and a higher demand created by the initial shortage.

Material lead times are well beyond what has been standard over the last several years. Everything from steel to plastic is taking 4 to 10 times as long to get. I know one major manufacturer that depended on a 6 week lead time for certain material that is now being told 6-8 months before his next shipment- and I guarantee they are first in line due to their volume - Hornady. I know of another large furniture store that is being told 6 months on couches of all things.

Most manufacturers around the world haven't stock piled raw materials over the last 5 years because material lead times were very reliable. Now that they aren't, it will take significantly longer to get most things that aren't daily use.

To compound the problem, the largest manufacturers are ordering in much higher volume in an effort to increase their raw material inventory to account for the longer lead times. It's really very similar to the ammunition situation. There are less products available and a higher demand created by the initial shortage.

The ripple effects of something that seems so insignificant.

I'm wondering about pharmaceuticals. I have medicine that is on manufacturer backorder, luckily it's not life altering. Just keeps my guts happy. I suspect that industry is seeing big changes in supply and we might just be seeing the start of what's to come.

When you break it down in that aspect, it’s very understandable! Crazy to think things have changed so much within the last year!
and yes ammunition is unreal to come by! So hard to find.

Anyone have any information on the vxr's? I placed my order on my bow builder for vxr 2nd week in January. I planned on moving in the spring and planned my move (we are talking a 1,000 mile move) around the lead time I was given. I'm 4 weeks over the high end of the lead time I was given and I'm moving next week. My bow shop didn't have anything to say other then they will mail me the bow.... so I am starting to get a bit nervous here.

Anyone have any information on the vxr's? I placed my order on my bow builder for vxr 2nd week in January. I planned on moving in the spring and planned my move (we are talking a 1,000 mile move) around the lead time I was given. I'm 4 weeks over the high end of the lead time I was given and I'm moving next week. My bow shop didn't have anything to say other then they will mail me the bow.... so I am starting to get a bit nervous here.

Should be any day. Where are you headed to? Might be someone here can recommend a shop for you if you will be in need of one.

when I talked to my bow shop they were able to find out it’s be middle of may. But couldn’t get a definite answer because it was still a little far out. I ordered mine end of January/beginning of February. Maybe call the shop again and see if they can reach out to Mathews to confirm a date.

Back